Why become a member? ×

Urgently need a few quick and easy songs

I joined another band a few weeks ago ( Chasingamy ) playing Lizzy, ACDC etc and we have about an hours worth of material that is sounding somewhere between excellent and "improving"

We have just been asked by the Football Club we use as a free practice venue to play next Sat night at their end of season do.

We have said we will do it and could do with a few quick gains ( ie easy to learn and hard to get them wrong type of songs )

The lead guitarist is also new ( but superb and a very quick learner )

Hope you can help with a few ideas

Tony

A lot depends on what you have available by way of vocalists. If you play a lot of AC/DC I'm guessing that you have a Bon Scott person up front.

You could easily knock off [i]Walk This Way[/i] (Aerosmith) and [i]Paradise City[/i] (Guns'n'Roses) if you have vocalists who can sing high and remember words.

A bit more current? Check out [i]Dani California[/i] and [i]Californication[/i] (Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Simpler words? [i]Natural Born Bugie[/i] (Humble Pie) springs to mind ... and what's wrong with the 60's anyway?

She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult -- can't get much easier than that and it usually goes down well.
The Middle by Jimmy Eat World -- bit punky, probably, but a three-chord-wonder with nice harmony vocals.
Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus -- you'll need somebody squeeky to sing the girl-asks-him-out bit.

Have fun.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='195911' date='May 10 2008, 11:47 AM']I joined another band a few weeks ago ( Chasingamy ) playing Lizzy, ACDC etc and we have about an hours worth of material that is sounding somewhere between excellent and "improving"

We have just been asked by the Football Club we use as a free practice venue to play next Sat night at their end of season do.

We have said we will do it and could do with a few quick gains ( ie easy to learn and hard to get them wrong type of songs )

The lead guitarist is also new ( but superb and a very quick learner )

Hope you can help with a few ideas

Tony[/quote]

back in black and highway to hell go down well with our band, and they dont take long to get right.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='196026' date='May 10 2008, 03:46 PM']You could easily knock off [i]Walk This Way[/i] (Aerosmith) and [i]Paradise City[/i] (Guns'n'Roses) if you have vocalists who can sing high and remember words.[/quote]

haha yeah, they're pretty easy to get right. a couple of months back i played a gig and played both of these songs, and i didnt rehearse with either of the bands (a different band for each song... and they were people id never played with before) until the morning before the gig. even then we only ran through them both twice, sounded great on the night though.

[quote name='markytbass' post='196102' date='May 10 2008, 05:22 PM']Teenage kicks
Blitzkrieg bop
Ever fallen in love[/quote]

all brilliant songs!