Why become a member? ×

How to add a picture to your post

Hamster

• 1 year later...

[quote name='bassist_lewis' timestamp='1435163425' post='2806134']
I cant seem to upload pictures, either from my ipad or from my laptop. the picture loads, finishes then says upload failed (or something equivalent).
help please.
[/quote]

Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in [color=#008000]green[/color]...), others are similar...

Hope this helps.

Edited by Dad3353

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1483978978' post='3211635']
So, having spent 2 hours trying to get a pic on here from photobucket, I gave up.

Set up an imgur account as above, got the BBcode, where do I paste it on here though? Tried the usual icons but no good.

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

Don't use the BB code. Use the "Direct Link" one

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1359488319' post='1955587'] ...
I'm having avatar problems. I uploaded a new profile pic yesterday from my iPad, which all went fine, but now it's displaying rotated.
[/quote]

Mart's rotated image seems to have fixed itself, but mine is more stubborn. The original image is displaying rotated a quarter-turn counter-clockwise (as you can see). I've tried rotating it clockwise in iPhoto, hoping the Forum display would rotate it back to the right way up, but the resulting image then displays "correctly".

I thought of setting up the image as a gravatar, but they have to be associated with unique email addresses, which would mean having an email account just for Basschat, and I have too many already :-(

Any suggestions welcome.

• ped unpinned this topic