Why become a member? ×

I want to sound like a church organ

Uzi

I was wondering if anyone know's of an effect that would give me long sustain and a big round fat sound.
Jim smith of the Cardiacs has this sound on a track called Big ship
Also Chris squire gets an almost church organ like sound,could it have something in part to do with the fact they
both play Rickies
Any ideas fellow big bottom lovers :)

[sub]I just had a play around with my Zoom B3 and combined the D-Comp compressor, with the Octaver and Air reverb into a single patch and got a pretty cool sounding (to my ears) organ like sound. Using the Arena reverb made it [i]almost[/i] like a pipe organ.[/sub]

[sub]At first I tried the Z-Organ in place of the Octaver, but didn't like the off-pitch delay sound of it.[/sub]

[sub]Greg[/sub]

Hi guys thanks alot for the input,I read some reviews on the, Electro harmonix Freeze sound, it takes alot of practice to get used to
but it works well.The down side to the pedal is it has a switch that make's a very load pop when used and is not compatible with a lot
of power supplies.
Electro Harmonix Polyphonic Octave generator Pog 2 seems to be a good piece of kit,it has preset memory with instant recall and
glitch free tracking.gear4music are selling them for £219 not a bad price for what it does.
Also the hog Synth is a really cool pedal £270.
I don't know if its a problem to use guitar pedals for Bass or if it makes no difference.

I still need to check out the Zoom B3 and D comp compressor,years ago I bought a Zoom 4track and drum machine I still have it today great little thing
iv had hours of fun with them and usefull for taking ideas back to the band.
Cheers guys

I do a thing with my whammy on octave up, quite a bit of distortion and EQ etc, all inside a feedback loop, going into a delay pedal. If I play very lightly, there's almost no attack to the sound which then swells out with increasingly high notes. Depending on what you're playing it does a very good church organ.

• 2 weeks later...