Why become a member? ×

Bass shops in Central London

Black Coffee

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1366043347' post='2047651']
Have to say my first visit left me utterly underwhelmed.
I suppose I should be grateful that they let me in at all...
[/quote]

I don't care how good the gear is, a little friendliness and manners goes a long way. I felt seriously unwelcome in there. And my choice of gear was openly insulted.

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1366060893' post='2047984']

Why ?
Anything in particular?
[/quote]

They let me in and ignored me.
The shop is badly laid out with too little space.
The service was indifferent. Until Alex popped in on his day off and recognised me from the (old) Bass Centre days.
Product knowledge was lacking- one of the staff suggested I buy a Music man bridge for my OLP - it's not a direct swap and the MM ones bear the original instrument's serial number.
They didn't have any EUBs at all.

Don't believe the hype. They ain't all that.

Id heard great things about the place. I must say that denmark st had one shop with a very strange way of being nice to customers. The whole dont touch it, in fact dont breathe near it unless you are going to buy it approach confuses me.
I may still visit bass gallery though. If i ever go to london again......

I haven't been to the Bass Gallery so far, even though I moved to London a couple of weeks ago. On Denmark Street, unsurprisingly, I like Wunjo (not only they were happy for me to try as many basses as I wanted, they actually tried to make me stay longer and try more when I decided it was time to go) and the one - can't remember the name - that has a bass room with Schecters, Bill Nashes, Mesa amps and MXR pedal in the basement. Westside Distribution it is, just googled. Nice and friednly place, a bit less proactive than Wunjo, they just leave me to it and tell to try whatever I want as long as I take basic care not to ding basses.

I live around the corner from the Gallery and their entry buzzer system is a bit unfriendly. Once your in though the guy I've delt with is always very accomodating. I've only bought a few small bits from there but I'm hoping to drop in on my way home from work today and try out a G&L tribute L-2000 they have in blueburst.

I've only had limited experiance of Denmark Street. The guys in Wunjo's were really cool though when I picked up a spector from there about a month back.

[quote name='such' timestamp='1366709954' post='2056168']
I haven't been to the Bass Gallery so far, even though I moved to London a couple of weeks ago. On Denmark Street, unsurprisingly, I like Wunjo (not only they were happy for me to try as many basses as I wanted, they actually tried to make me stay longer and try more when I decided it was time to go) and the one - can't remember the name - that has a bass room with Schecters, Bill Nashes, Mesa amps and MXR pedal in the basement. Westside Distribution it is, just googled. Nice and friednly place, a bit less proactive than Wunjo, they just leave me to it and tell to try whatever I want as long as I take basic care not to ding basses.
[/quote]

Pal of mine works there (Paul Waller) nice shop and nice staff too.