Why become a member? ×

Buying from America

solano

Hi first post on here,i've been looking at some bases on e bay from a seller called lindaflowerpark.Has any one had any dealings with this person or bought from any other American site.I'm not sure weather to take the chance as the guitar is for my son.
I think the delivery cost was something like 78 dollars. Would their be any extras on the shipping cost etc. Any advice would be welcome.

This might help you.

[url="http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&propertyType=document&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014#P26_2848"]http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&propertyType=document&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014#P26_2848[/url]

I bought a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass from a seller in California a few years ago when the exchange rate was $2 to the £. The bass was going for just over £300 but it was a false economy as insured postage and import duty added another £200 to the cost.

I've bought several basses from the States, and can confirm all of the above. Also note that the vat and duty is charged on both the cost of the goods PLUS the cost of the carriage. For what it's worth I'd only buy from a verified retail dealer - check their website etc. Good luck!