Why become a member? ×

barefaced bass super 12

77precisionblackmaple

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1419355152' post='2639103']
....but that`s the reality, judge with eyes not ears....
[/quote]

That's show business, but why plug it in at all if the second cab is just for show?

I wonder if Alex would let you order an unloaded cab.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1419360754' post='2639165']
That's show business, but why plug it in at all if the second cab is just for show?

I wonder if Alex would let you order an unloaded cab.
[/quote]

Wouldn`t be as much fun though Chris.

my super 15 is still the best cab ive ever used, it doesnt look as pretty as i dont cover it when its in transit, so the grille is a bit dented etc and paint and wood chips,

and i gave up putting the feet back on eventually, so it leans forward a bit

still sounds insane though

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1419355152' post='2639103']
Well I`ve now had my BF Super 12T for about a month now, done a few gigs with it and am so happy, I`ve sourced another. Smaller gigs and rehearsals will just be the one, but for the gigs with bigger stages I`ll have both, wired in series with a special lead that Alex will provide.

In all honesty I don`t need another for the volume, but with many of the gigs we`re doing, having a big set-up is almost required. It`s daft that many people, both punters and venues don`t think you`re a serious band on this circuit unless you have big speakers/set-ups, considering the amount of sound you can get from an S12T (and a 112 valve combo for guitar come to think of it) but that`s the reality, judge with eyes not ears.

The extra depth in sound will be nice I`m sure though - my Aguilar Tonehammer 500 through two Super 12Ts, can`t wait to get the latest S12T to try it all out. Gonna have to be careful on the volume control though.....

But re the cab itself, well the weight and portability themselves are great, but I wouldn`t be happy with it unless it sounded good. I think the best way to describe these cabs are, what you put in is what you get out. If you like your bass, and your amp, you`re going to really hear them using one of these. Plus, if you end up going through FOH and DI-ing, well it helps knowing that your on-stage sound is what is ending up FOH (unless the person on the desk alters it that is).
[/quote]

Two Super 12!!!!

I'm jealous, that must be truly awesome!

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1362917045' post='2006107']
i fancy spraying my super 15 a different colour, does anyone know if normal spray paint will hold on that funky covering?
[/quote]

No idea, but I sometimes feel the same way.

There is Duratex in white, as well as black... so that's one possibility!
[url="http://store.acrytech.com/Speaker-Cabinet-Coating-DuraTex-White.html"]http://store.acrytech.com/Speaker-Cabinet-Coating-DuraTex-White.html[/url]

But I would like mine [size=5][color=#FF0000][b]red[/b][/color][/size]...

(ok, waiting for Discreet's reply in 10, 9, 8... :lol:)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1362877306' post='2005834']
Twice now I've thrown my super 15 at people, I mostly play gigs because they are funny, and there isn't much funnier than the look on someone's face when they offer to help you shift your 2x15 bass cab and you go 'Sure, catch.'. It survived fine.
[/quote]

Once, I played a gig with my Compact as an extension cab for the MarkBass CMD121P 12" combo, sitting on top, and my girlfriend was at the gig. She offered to help me carry things to the car, so I took my bass, pedalboard, and took the combo... "you ok with that?" I asked her. She knew how light it was already, so she said "sure!" and grabbed it. As she turned around this guy from the audience was watching, you could tell he was kind of "should I offer help?"... My girlfriend noticed, and smiling just pulled it up in the air to the amazement of the guy and his friends. She enjoyed looking like she was strong as The Hulk :lol: