Why become a member? ×

barefaced bass super 12

77precisionblackmaple

just done 14 gigs on the trot with my brand new cab.
the wait was excruciating to say the least but the cab is beyond anything i could have hoped for.
tried it with brand new tcelectronic bh250 tonepri:ok but not enough punch or dynamics at gig volume,typical digital amp really,save your money.
plugged my gk400rb '89 vimtage and wow just perfect,the sound was just pure class:geddy,foxton,squire type tone was what i was after and i was not disappointed.
truly the last cab i will buy,massive sounding bass,clear punchy mids and top is excellent.
paired with my old precision and a new set of rotos im in heaven!

Yes! I darenot add up the thousands Ive spent in the last few years on the latest stuff thinking it would be the 'one':Ampeg,Aguilar,DrBass,Markbass,Philjones,tcectronic blah blah blah,everything!
This cab has changed my life.
In 32 years of gigging Ive stopped ever playing at home but I have to confess that Iveplugged in and blasted in the living room.
I feel like a kid again.Great!!!

I'd add that GK400RBs are life changers! Mine is a similar vintage (early '90s I think), I really wish I'd encountered one of those earlier in my 30 years of playing. It took a shed load of amps to get round to owning one and it cost very little as did my 800rb.

Glad you like the cab, I must try one.

I agree ! GK400RB changed my view as well ... I've paired my BF S12T with GK 700RB-II (bi-amped so cab has no crossover) .. what a sound !
Such a pity it's also collecting dust as I'm no longer in a band ... :( keeping just in case I find / join / start something new but no luck so far.

[quote name='Stealth' timestamp='1352632526' post='1865282']
Great cabs but the finish is a bit pants for £750
[/quote]

Whether that opinion still applies may depend on how long ago you had one. From a discussion with Alex C, I got the impression that they've put a lot into improving their tooling and finishing since the earlier days when the company was one bloke in a small workshop.

i did gouge a little piece out of the front of my s15 by knocking it on a railing carrying it up the stairs in my apartment block, can definitely tell the wood is lighter, similar kind of whack with my older cabs wouldve just bounced right off or dented.

still wouldnt change it for the world, i keep dreaming about two of them

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1352742408' post='1866877']
You can touch up the paint on the cab too if you do knock it hard enough to take a chunk out :)
Not that I have, mine still looks brand new!
[/quote]

+1. It's a pretty cool thing called duratex!

http://store.acrytech.com/Speaker-Cabinet-Coatings/
http://www.speakerhardware.com/categories.php?cat=10

I hate the way it feels, but it looks nice and is a good choice for a bunch of reasons, not least the home touch-up option, which allows a longer working life with a cab in near-mint condition.

My new Compact arrived today. The finish is very nice, cleaner than my slightly older one (about 18 months old?) - the grille is a much better fit. It looks great, and they look fantastic together. Just can't plug them in until the weekend...

• 3 months later...