Why become a member? ×

TRADED: ACG Finn 5 Singlecut 33" (TRADED)

Faithless

Hey peeps,

Are you looking for Matt Garrison's Fodera, and you don't have spare 8750$? But you wouldn't mind getting one for sensible price, yeah? Then this is the bass for You!

This ACG Finn Singlecut 5-string was modelled to M Garrison's Imperial Fodera, with a bit of Fender Jazz.

Pics and specs via link: [url="http://acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/210/"]http://acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/210/[/url]
To make it short main features are: Walnut body; 33" scale; smooth neck; unbelievably versalite ACG preamp; two custom ACG pickups+ piezo; ramp;active 18v electronics, 26 frets. Bass weighs 11 lbs/5kgs.
I know that Alan was particularly happy with this build, and this bass is for anyone who's looking for a comfortable and versalite instrument!
The overall nick is very good, there's few hardly noticeable scraches at the back of the instrument, but there's nothing major.
I've had this beautiful ACG Finn for more than two years by now (got it new, when it was 2 weeks old), doing loads of different stuff on it - touring, doing TV shows, etc etc, and it's a cracking instrument, but now I fancy a change, so I'm thinking of moving it.

[s]Sale wise I'm looking for [b][color=#00ff00]1600 [/color][/b][color=#ff8c00]1450 [/color][color=#00ffff]1400 [/color][color=#ee82ee]1350[/color], [b]1099[/b] pounds (or very near offers), and trade wise I'm looking for [b]5-string[/b] instruments like Overwater, Roscoe, MTD, Lakland (55-01/55-02) please PM me with offers.[/s]

[b]TRADED[/b].

The bass is located in Lithuania (EU), but I'm happy to post it abroad at buyer's expense :)

thanks
Laimis

Edited by Faithless

Thanks for the input peeps! :)

Binky and Andy, I know what you're saying - in fact, i'm feeling guilty just for putting up this sale advert, I don't know what's gonna happen if I'll actually move the bass...
There is some interest already - as I've said I'm really up for swapping it for another axe like Overwater, Roscoe, MTD, and such brands, but sale is possible as well.

thanks
Laimis

Well, whatever the reasons, it's a whole bunch of free bumps for a gorgeous bass!

ACG's tend to have lovely flat (no radius) fingerboards that are super comfy to play! Matt Garrison may or may not have a radiused fingerboard, I'm sure he's delighted with whatever shape it is ;)

[quote name='k-sad' timestamp='1352195684' post='1859815']
hmm, u mean u don't know if ur bass is radiused or not?

Matt's is obviously...
Just being picky here, i liked ur ad better yesterday when it just mentioned "ACG singlecut for sale"
:)
[/quote]

k-sad, actually eude is not a seller. The seller is Faithless/Laimis, he's supposed to answer :)

Thank u, i know how to read since i was just a tiny little kid, well like urself actually :)

Ur mate Faithless did answer about the "name" thing

I just think this fretboard thing is IMPORTANT to tell people because it is different than the normal "radiused" thing... But as Andyedye said, i'm just bumping here (and have adds myself i could bump 2 ^^)

edit : thank u for answering, u see this is an important question?

Edited by k-sad

Bump for an amazing bass, its a shame you're selling it, but it's a great opportunity for someone else to get their hands on a brilliant example of ACG basses, at a very keen price too, if I had the money I'd have it off you!

Hey man,

I'll try to put it on the scales on Sat - don't have the bass in my hands right now, as it's at my luthier at the moment, who's doing ordinary set-up and clean-up..
It's not heavy at all, though - I have a really bad back and through the years I haven't felt any discomfort with it, and I've been playing for hours each day.. Even while it's might not be the lightest bass out there in the market, what's really important is the strap - I'm using Comfort Strapp's, and been a real pleasure so far..
Will keep you posted!

I'm not getting the Matt Garrison connection at all here?

If a single cut 33" = a Matt Garrison then does that mean a very high percentage of all new Wood & Tronics 5's are all MG's as well?

It looks like a lovely bass but I think the MG connection is a mis-representation really :(

It's kinda weird why people are getting confused with this Garrison thing, as it's been discussed in here - this particular bass was modded according to Garrison's famous Imperial Fodera - Walnut body, singlecut construction,33" scale, 26 frets , 5 string, ramp.

I firmly believe there are enough reasons to add this 'Garrison thing' to the advert. Can I? :)

thanks
L

Edited by Faithless

I think the confusion is that you've described this as a Matt Garrison bass and directly compared it to the Fodera Matt Garrison Signature.

I checked the thread out because I genuinely thought it would be really interesting to see an MG copy made by ACG but, in reality, it looks nothing like a Matt Garrison.

Very different body shape, completely different top wood, doesn't have the Pope pre-amp (which is a really significant element of the sound of these) etc. etc.

There are lots of people out there these days making 33" scale 5 string basses but I've not seen anyone else describe theirs as MG basses.

I'm really not trying to detract from what may well be an amazing bass but it just doesn't seem to have much resemblance to a Fodera Matt Garrison to me and that's how it's been described. Given that anyone in the Uk is unlikely to be able to try this bass if it's located overseas I just thought they should be aware that there's a decent chance it's not going to look, feel or sound like an actual MG Signature bass :(

The original commissioner of the bass evidently modelled the spec on the 'MG' bass:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/90886-acg-finn-single-cut-less-than-a-month-old-for-sale/page__p__861260__hl__acg__fromsearch__1#entry861260

So this seller isn't the originator of this comparison.

I am sure that this bass will be superb as having a lot of experience of Alan's work I know how good it is and also what extraordinary good value for money it is in terms of build quality, tone and ergonomics. I marvel at Alan's fretwork daily :)

Exactly, thanks for the clarification, GreeneKing.
At the end, I don't want to argue with anyone about how 'much' Garrison my bass has, but this ACG was built with the idea of Garrison's Fodera, so if anyone want to check 'garrisonish/gwizdalish' type of bass, for a really sensible price, this ACG is the one.

PS Yesterday I got a chance to do a gig on my friends Lakland 55-01 - and I really liked this axe, so it's added into trade list.

thanks
L

Edited by Faithless