Why become a member? ×

Ash LG1000 not powering up

sanbass

Just hooked up my new lg1000 to a cab but the power led on the front doesn't come on. I'm not a techie when it comes to these things and it's the first rig ever bought so don't understand what's going on. Basically the fan starts up for about 3 secs then stops and there is a small red light visible inside the amp but apart from that no life whatsoever. The power cable arrived with a continental plug so couldn't use it and used a normal kettle lead- could that be the problem? I doubt it...Do i send it back or is there something obvious i'm missing? Any help appreciated please!!!

[b]MB1. B) [/b]
[b]The amp spins the fan briefly on switch on,so there is power (the fan is temperature controlled)[/b]
[b]the leds are the input meter and wont illuminate until you start playing.[/b]
[b]is the speaker lead connected ???[/b]
[b]plug in the bass[/b]
[b]switch on the left is Gain(set at 12 oclock)[/b]
[b]Switch on right is Volume[/b]
[b]If theres nothing wrong with the speaker lead and youve checked the fuse in the kettle lead[/b]
[b]return it to where you purchased it.[/b]

What cab have you got it with ?

what lead are you connecting amp to cab with? ie: is it a guitar lead or a speaker lead, or just a short patch lead ? and have you tested it. Do you have a multimeter to do simple continuity tests ?

Was it bought new, or second hand, from a mate , or a shop or the interweb ? (just looking at the return options or the options to ring someone and ask them questions about it)

Do you not have a techie mate or band member (I know where not[i] all [/i]in bands. I'm not myself) who can come round and give free advice for cups of tea ? (or beer)

Edited by daz

As I posted before, I bought a brand new LG 1000 couple of years ago. The head would not make any sound. I tried everything and I resorted to sending the head back to the shop. The shop called me and told me that the wiring inside was defective, but that they managed to re-solder the faulty wiring. They asked me if I wanted the head posted back after the repair. I told them they could keep it.

Thanx guys tried everything- speak on cable is new- tested it for continuity and is fine. Looks like I'll be sending head back to Thomann...shame cos bought it before cab and was really looking forward to checkin it out! Guess was faulty right from the start...