Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash

yorks5stringer

I'll do some photos in the week, just got in from Wedding gig in Halifax and I'll name all the guilty parties from this afternoon too!
Just for the record I didn't try anyone else's bass, picked up Dr D's Shuker then got distracted.....and I organised the bl**dy bash!
We raised around £40 with the Raffle and some contributions from items sold, but we still have the auction basses and case so watch this space for perhaps a National Basschat Charity Auction/sale?
Thanks to all who attended, names to follow!
Knackered now so off to bed !

[b]Some photos, the captions are not entirely accurate![/b]
[attachment=10175:Picture_001.jpg]
Dr Dave tells Rhino "I've nicked your bass and what are you going to do about it?" Mr Bassman in the background, pretending not to listen.

[attachment=10176:Picture_002.jpg]
James, member of the Zombies and also from Beat-It Music in Baildon. He was later put out of his torment with a pointed headstock to his heart.

[attachment=10177:Picture_005.jpg]
Rhino gets his lovely Jazz Bass back from Dr Dave just in time to show off his PJB's. A Little Mark 250 nestles snugly on an Epiphany 1x15 cab that had to be weighted down, so light it kept floating off!

[attachment=10178:Picture_003.jpg]
Some tasty gear including a Washburn double neck, fretted/unfretted. Also a brace? of Wals

[attachment=10179:Picture_006.jpg]
A lovely Status Groove 5 Stringer from Beat-It, (used to be mine!)

[attachment=10180:Picture_007.jpg]
Dr Dave's thinning patch and in the background Argh's Jim Fleeting 9 String Bass?

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='229555' date='Jun 30 2008, 11:14 AM']Dr Dave's thinning patch and in the background Argh's Jim Fleeting 9 String Bass?[/quote]

Pah !

I was forced to donate my normally overflowing locks to weave into strings for Argh's bass !!!

Nearly 26 years old and taking abuse like this - whatever next :) :huh:

[b]More photos and lies from Sunday.....[/b]
[attachment=10181:Picture_008.jpg]
Toasted with a Celinder Bass, Aguilar Head and Bergatino Cab
[attachment=10182:Picture_009.jpg]
More strings than you could shake a 'Stick' at......
[attachment=10183:Picture_010.jpg]
Local bassist Rikki tries not to lose his number, as he defies gravity by playing stood on his side.
[attachment=10184:Picture_012.jpg]
Dr Dave tries to put off Clinton by gently blowing on his exposed arm
[attachment=10185:Picture_013.jpg]
Bren Travis, Clinton and Toasted decide that putting all their basses into one case was not a good idea as now they are all tangled.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[b]Even more photos and lies, some photos are able to be viewed without turning monitor on its side...[/b]

[attachment=10186:Picture_015.jpg]
Jobiebass with his Bass that once belonged to Deep Purple and very heavy Marshall bits
[attachment=10187:Picture_016.jpg]
Bren Travis ready to launch (geddit) a run up to the 32nd fret.
[attachment=10188:Picture_018.jpg]
DR Dave playing out on my Rick Turner Electroline
[attachment=10189:Picture_019.jpg]
Siarlot, the sole female representative
[attachment=10190:Picture_020.jpg]
Raffle Prizes front of stage left, Bren and Clinton in background rocking out
[attachment=10191:Picture_022.jpg]
A box of Samosas.........

Edited by yorks5stringer

The guilty men and women named:

Rhino, Dr Dave, Toasted, Funkypenguin, Argh, Mr Bassman, Jobiebass, Clinton, Bren Travis, Noisedude, Sifiziiz, Tonybassplayer.

Thanks to all these and any other Basschatters who attended and whose names I did not get.

A further half dozen other 'normal' Bassists came along including Riki, Ged, Graham and Siarlot, and James.

Thanks to everyone who bought Raffle Tickets, we raised £40.

Also thanks to those who donated/sponsored the event including Rhino, Beat-It Music of Baildon, Strings and Things,and the Copper Beech Club who let us have the venue foc and donated a Raffle Prize. Thanks to Bren Travis who gave away software and mode charts and was available for tutoring.

Sorry about the crap and hastily edited photos and captions: the Samosas are from work today and as I had my camera.......!

Watch this space for details about the Auction of the Tanglewood and Extreme Basses and the Flight Case: we decided we would be unlikely to raise enough money on the day.

Apologies too if you feel my photos or captions did not do you justice but I hope you all felt it was worthwhile!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='230166' date='Jun 30 2008, 11:08 PM']

bahh, missed the arrow pointing to Finbar's old amp/cab[/quote]

"Apologies too if you feel my photos or captions did not do you justice but I hope you all felt it was worthwhile! "!!!!!!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='231108' date='Jul 2 2008, 09:24 AM']"Apologies too if you feel my photos or captions did not do you justice but I hope you all felt it was worthwhile! "!!!!!![/quote]

I was bored and drunk when I did that. your captioniono was fine.

Thanks again for putting it all on. really enjoyed the day except the car trouble on the way.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='232167' date='Jul 3 2008, 05:12 PM']I was bored and drunk when I did that. your captioniono was fine.

Thanks again for putting it all on. really enjoyed the day except the car trouble on the way.[/quote]

No worries just joking :) !

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='229583' date='Jun 30 2008, 11:41 AM'][attachment=10187:Picture_016.jpg]
Bren Travis ready to launch (geddit) a run up to the 32nd fret.[/quote]

I'm sure with a bit of a squeeze, you could get 48 frets on a bass...

Edited by Paul Cooke