Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**Yamaha BB415**SOLD**

Guest MoJo

Guest MoJo

Here is my Yamaha BB415. Metallic black finish has a few tiny marks (and I mean [u]tiny[/u]) and is in exceptionally good condition considering that this bass has been my main gigging bass for almost twelve months. Plays beautifully and has a good range of tones (including P-bass on steroids)

Only modification from stock is one which Yamaha should have done at the factory in my opinion. I have replaced the standard 1 volume, 1 tone and 3 way switch with two volume controls and one tone control.
Now instead of having only three options
[list=1]
[*]Bridge pick-up on full, neck pick-up off
[*]Neck pick-up on, bridge pick-up off
[*]Bridge and neck pick-up both on full
[/list]

one can blend the output from both pick-ups. I find if both pick-ups are wound full on, backing off the neck pick-up slightly one can find a sweet spot which has both punch and depth.

I'm giving up 5 strings (for now) and going back to fours, so this beauty is up for grabs.

Offers. Edited by bassman2790

Nice bass and clever modifications.. This is very tempting as I had the active version of this and really liked it!!

What's the low B like compared to the other strings and what sort of price have you in mind?

Guest MoJo

Low B is really nice. i play it detuned half a step and it sounds sweet. Plenty of body, depth and definition and well balanced compared to the other four strings.
I'm looking for another Vintage Modified Jazz (loving the one I got from Parker-Muse). I'd take £150 or trade for VMJ or very similar Jazz.

Edited by bassman2790

Bump for a great bass!
played with Mark last Saturday and the tone of this bass was immense!
also mention that the basses were cherished!! Straight onto Hercules stands the second they were out of the case!

Great guy!
good look with the sale!
Alex

Guest MoJo

Thanks for the kinds words Alex

It has got a huge sound. I've put it on eBay now [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200222755520&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010"]here[/url]
It's an awful lot of bass for not a lot of money.

Mark