Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Streamliner 9.0 SOLD

bigjohnson

After doing nothing with it for too long I'm finally conceding and putting my Genz on for sale.

£550.

Will upload pictures etc. tomorrow night.

Hardly gigged, sticker still on the top I think.

I cant justify having 3 volume controls on an amp that has hardly ever left the house.

Edited by bigjohnson

on the case with pics tonight. ive had it for about 6 months but i dont think it has any warranty or anything, didnt ask to be honest.

want £££ at the moment, not really trades. Maybe a USA strat, or 75 jazz, but wouldnt expect it to be a straight swop for the jazz obviously.

No, I got it from a chap that was running it through some Epifani's and was scared of blowing them up. I put it with my 2 mark bass cabs, has trouser shaking power, 3 volume dials I like to call 'Pub', 'Academy' and 'Stadium'. He never gigged it so it came in practically new condition and has really stayed that way. No receipts though, just an exchange of money and a long talk about his mindblowing bass collection, there was that awkward moment when I tried it before sealing the deal and had to think about the most technically amazing piece of music I could play to 'impress' and then blundered the first note at about 600w in his front room.

I've been juggling this and a LMII. I've decided to keep the LM as its much more versitle for the music I play, although the tone from the Genz is awesome.

After a 'fling' with the Genz I went back to my Mark and we've patched things up.

I've only really used it for the headphone output over the last 3 months to practice with.

[quote name='barry021574' timestamp='1351232646' post='1848917']
Where are you based? I'd be interested if I could give it a try through my cab.
[/quote]

I guess you're on your mobile then (I can't see locations on the mobile version either)...his location is stated as:[list]
[*][color="#505050"]Location:[/color]Margate, Kent
[/list]

[quote name='barry021574' timestamp='1351241064' post='1849030']
Yes, I'm on mobile - no location shown in the profile.
I'm in St Albans, so not all that near...
[/quote]

Locations don't show on the mobile version for any profiles, it's pretty irritating tbh but it's the mobile software I suspect

[quote name='jay-syncro' timestamp='1351250363' post='1849212']
I can vouch for Mr bigjohnson. He's a top man, and the amp really is like new.

I'm hoping somebody offers him a bass in a trade deal for the amp, as his Ibanez SGR is pants!
[/quote]

He's welcome to trade for any of my basses on here (p-bass, Lakland 55-02, Fender Geddy/BassDoc fretless) with suitable cash adjustments in either direction depending...

Response sent barry.

Jay, if you hadnt sold that '75 jazz then maybe I wouldnt still be playing my ibanez!

Nothing wrong with it, as you know, I like to keep it at a volume that no one can get near it to see what it is anyway! Although shifting the Genz does mean that I will have to rely more on dim lights and less on ear splitting volume.