Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Dimarzio loaded Yamaha RBX270

TRBboy

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1353059679' post='1870994']
Hi mate, is the bass light weight? I'm thinking of my 11 yo daughter playing it?
[/quote]

Hi there,

Yes, it's very light but doesn't feel flimsy if you know what I mean. I haven't put it on the scales but I can do if you like.

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1353059679' post='1870994']
Hi mate, is the bass light weight? I'm thinking of my 11 yo daughter playing it?
[/quote]

Just put it on my (crap) bathroom scales, and I make it about 7.5 - 8lb.

[quote name='bennyboy1234' timestamp='1353685432' post='1877473']
hi mate,

i'm completely new to bass and thought about buying the stock rbx270j for my first bass but just saw this.

i'm imterested in funk, pop, rock but probably not metal. is the new pickups more geared towards metal or can i still play what i'm interested in?

cheers
ben
[/quote]

Hi Ben,

The Dimarzio pickups are great, and suitable for any style. I've used them for everything from classic soul and Motown through to hard rock and it has sounded great on all occasions. They're just good all round pickups really, and certainly a big improvement on the stock ones.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Oli.

hey oli,

just wondering on the state of the strings. how long have they been on and any idea on the life left in them?

i ask this only because as i said i'm new to this and really dont want to muck about with string replacement etc a couple on months in. just need to play it for 6 months - a year before getting involved in that, if you know what i mean.

cheers

ben

The strings are fine, there's a good bit of life left in them yet, but I wouldn't like to guarantee that they'll last 6-12 months! A brand new set wouldn't last me that long, but it depends on personal taste really. Some people don't change strings for years!

Obviously I'm giving a spare set of strings with the bass, but if you don't want to try changing them, your local music shop should be able to re-string it for a small charge, or there may even be a friendly Basschatter nearby who can help you out and show you how to do it for next time.

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='bennyboy1234' timestamp='1353702032' post='1877738']
each time you restring do you have to adjust intonation and string height or only when its a different manufacturer of strings? sorry for my ignorance
[/quote]

You usually only really need to tweak the intonation when changing to a different gauge of strings, and even then it's only a little tweak (unless you're going extremely heavy or light!).

Truss rods sometimes need an occasional adjustment due to seasonal changes, but again take it to someone experienced and then learn how to do it yourself.

We all knew nothing when we started bass, but you just have to learn these things as you go along really. Basschat is a great knowledge pool, and there's always people around to answer any questions you have about technical issues.

Hope this helps!