Why become a member? ×

Wunjo Bass shop Denmark Street

fender73

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1471036858' post='3110213']
Don't know how many of you remember Chris Bryant Music, the big shop on the corner of Charing X Rd with the orange signs?

Those signs now read "Wunjos" and the shop is being refurbed right now ...
[/quote]

Yes, after Bryant's moved out it was latterly [i]Tom's Drums[/i]. They closed at the end of May.

Wunjo did a lot of work at the beginning of July making it all orange and it's been quiet since. From my conversations with the owner Brian last year, it looks like the guitar shop will be moving in when their current home at No. 20 comes to being refurbished.

• 10 months later...

I was in there today for a quick look round but got fairly specific stuff I'm looking for that they didn't have (probably for the best). They did have a rather tasty looking Bass Collection SB330 (I think that's what it was) but since I just bought TheGreek's metallic purple one I'm all set in the BC department.
Number6, what time were you in there? We may have passed each other by without even knowing it.
I admit I did wonder whether I would see Happy Jack there, but as I have no idea what he looks like without the Spiderman costume, I wouldn't have known anyway...

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1499721223' post='3333193']
I was in there today for a quick look round but got fairly specific stuff I'm looking for that they didn't have (probably for the best). They did have a rather tasty looking Bass Collection SB330 (I think that's what it was) but since I just bought TheGreek's metallic purple one I'm all set in the BC department.
Number6, what time were you in there? We may have passed each other by without even knowing it.
I admit I did wonder whether I would see Happy Jack there, but as I have no idea what he looks like without the Spiderman costume, I wouldn't have known anyway...
[/quote]

I think it was around 2pm and i was noodling on a Hagstrom Swede.....;)

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1499721223' post='3333193']

[/quote]

I only get in there about once a month these days ... working much further away than I used to.

I'm 6'6" tall with a full head of hair, built like a tank and scarily handsome, charming, witty, an awesomely talented bass player, and a compulsive liar.

Plus I always wear my Spiderman costume when I'm in the West End. I feel it helps me to blend in.

I love Wunjo. Often seem to be spending money in there when I visit, probably due to their willingness to strike a tempting deal on things to make the sale. I've never bought a bass or amp from them but plenty of accessories - cables, pedals, cases and the like. Friendly staff too. They never seem too busy for a chat!