Why become a member? ×

Wunjo Bass shop Denmark Street

fender73

What I meant was that I don't bother with anything properly local. As I occasionally have to go to London, Wunjos is where I go. Job done.
Edit: this week, as there's a bit of a road trip happening, I get to go to GAK AND Wunjos! Much mileage...

Edited by Telebass

I popped into Wunjo's when I was in London last week. I went in, they greeted me warmly. I said basschat had recommended them which they were pleased about and they treat me very well. I can't remember the two guy's names (I'm really rubbish with names) but they both said to just help myself to any bass, plug it into anything I liked and just play. They were very very accommodating and helpful. It's worth the £20 return on the National Express from Bristol just to go there in my opinion.

I tried a very lovely Musicman Bongo in there which is a bass I never thought I'd get a chance to play. It was way smaller and lighter and easier to play than I thought it would be. I still prefer a dual pickup bass so if they ever get an HS in...

Top shop, top blokes, highly recommended.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a beautiful trans red Guild Starfire from Tom and Tom. Had a very pleasant time having a blather with staff and customers in what must be the most laid back shop in town.

They gave me a great deal and once again I can't recommend Wunjo's enough. They had some very interesting stock in to, varied with some interesting pieces.

The best bass shop in London.. Game over!

Cheers Chaps!

• 4 months later...

Some news here. When I bought my Starfire it came in a gig bag. There should've been a hard case, but they were missing due to Fender pulling out of Guild distribution. I had a call from Tom at Wunjo today, Guild have a new distributor and I have a new hard case for my Starfire! How cool is that? What a great blinking shop Wunjo is! :D

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1426273995' post='2716543']
Some news here. When I bought my Starfire it came in a gig bag. There should've been a hard case, but they were missing due to Fender pulling out of Guild distribution. I had a call from Tom at Wunjo today, Guild have a new distributor and I have a new hard case for my Starfire! How cool is that? What a great blinking shop Wunjo is! :D
[/quote]

That is amazing customer service, great job Wunjo's :)

John

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1426273995' post='2716543']
[/quote]

Nice one Wunjo.....i genuinely believe they have the best customer service anywhere!

Edited by Number6

• 10 months later...

I recall trawling Denmark St regularly when I used to work in Center Point tower in 2000. I found all the shops then to be like art galleries - lovely stuff on the walls but you spend 5 minutes of your lunch break finding a staff member to ask to try something and then they mutter and idle over to it and then loiter nearby the whole time you have it on your lap...

• 4 months later...

I had to drop to Wunjo's today in their new basement home. I bought a 5 string about a year back it has really had very little use so i thought a part ex trip to Denmark St was in order. I need a 4 string back up.....a quick chat with Tom (or was it Tom?) and a great deal done on a part ex and i now have a Yamaha 424x in a nice metallic red.

Always good doing business with Wunjo's :)

Edited by Number6

• 1 month later...

I had a very good experience from Wunjo bass recently. Went in to seek advice and buy some flatwounds. They not only stock but have a helpful opinion on about half a dozen types. Like it should be, and I was happy to buy at pretty reasonable price. OK so they won't get rich from a set of strings, but the helpful and interested attitude is genuine, and as it used to be back in the day.

No affiliation !

LD

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1467383587' post='3083302']
I had to drop to Wunjo's today in their new basement home. I bought a 5 string about a year back it has really had very little use so i thought a part ex trip to Denmark St was in order. I need a 4 string back up.....a quick chat with Tom (or was it Tom?) and a great deal done on a part ex and i now have a Yamaha 424x in a nice metallic red.

Always good doing business with Wunjo's :)
[/quote]

New basement home? Where have they moved to?

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1471036858' post='3110213']
Don't know how many of you remember Chris Bryant Music, the big shop on the corner of Charing X Rd with the orange signs?

Those signs now read "Wunjos" and the shop is being refurbed right now ...
[/quote]

Is that the one just along from Rockstop?