Why become a member? ×

Wunjo Bass shop Denmark Street

fender73

Today I was back in london. I went to wunjos bass which was heaving, they had a new staff who said If I wanted to try anything just take it off the wall and do so (very nice Ibanez BTB.. must.. not...). Then I went to the wunjo guitar shop, the guys in there when we went in said that if we wanted to try anything just try it. So I went upstairs and tried a few resonators.. almost got one, although not the one I liked the sound of the most, the 1930 national...

Then I went down the road and round the corner. went in the shop there, not sure of the name, all the guitars there had notes on them saying 'do not touch the guitars without asking'. Left there!

Edited by Woodinblack

• 2 weeks later...

Went in yesterday, bought some strings.
Automatic extra discount as previous customer. Good stuff to play with, great service from Tom and staff.
Even though I live in West Devon, I actually rarely spend any bass related cash anywhere else!
Best Bass Store!

• 2 months later...

After this thread I finally got off my arse and made my way down to Wunjos.

Spoke to Laurence and Tom. Both ultra professional, super friendly and totally accommodating of the fact that I've not played for years and kept asking stupid questions. I tried every 5 (and a few 4's for comparison) that I could get my hands and settled on a Squier VM 70's Jazz V.

Laurence did me a super good deal, even though their ticket price was already cheaper than everywhere else I've seen, online or off (even Thomann), he knocked another tenner off and threw in a gig bag and strap. And 2 years of free setups and workshop time.

He even kept it out the back for me until today so I could go home and mull over it for a bit and sort out some cash - even though I hadn't paid any deposit at all.

Anyway, long story short I went back this lunchtime and am now a super happy Wunjo's customer for life, and I'm now the proud owner of this little beauty for 285 of her majesty's finest pounds :D :D

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I raised this thread from the dead. Meant to post in the more recent Wunjos thread! oh well, principles the same!

Edited by eightbitraptor

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1381660833' post='2241844']
I avoid music shops generally because of the attitude you get in them.
[/quote]
Same! Went to a place in Newcastle once, can't for the life of me remember its name, not that I care cause I ain't going back but they literally wouldn't let my friend and I test any guitars before buying because we were women. Seriously, all over the blokes, fine for them to play, me my mate and another lass that came in, nope sorry, women can't play. Needless to say they didn't get my money and never will.

I've not been to Wunjo but I did go to the Wembley Guitar Center the other week and those guys were bloody lovely. Might try Wunjo some time soon!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1407578619' post='2521915']
Wunjo seem very well regarded, but I'm not sure about some of their pricing - I've been looking at some pedals and noticed that they are selling the Darkglass B3K and Duality at over £100 more than everywhere else!
[/quote]

You really need to check the shop out as the website doesn't compare to shop prices from my experience.

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1407579054' post='2521923']
You really need to check the shop out as the website doesn't compare to shop prices from my experience.
[/quote]

That's even worse! That lets the website put me off from wanting to visit in the first place - and yet if I was in there they might get my custom.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1407581231' post='2521951']

That's even worse! That lets the website put me off from wanting to visit in the first place - and yet if I was in there they might get my custom.
[/quote]

Completely agree.....its local for me so not an issue but for those who are looking for the first time or from afar it would be offputting.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1407578619' post='2521915']
Wunjo seem very well regarded, but I'm not sure about some of their pricing - I've been looking at some pedals and noticed that they are selling the Darkglass B3K and Duality at over £100 more than everywhere else!
[/quote]Hey guys! Thanks for drawing our attention to this. It would seem an admin mistake on the dark glass pricing had been made. We have now changed the prices. Thanks for all your continued support and great comments, it is really appreciated! - Wunjo Bass Team

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1408717868' post='2532916']

Easily the best music shop, period! It's my local. I live in Devon.
[/quote]

It was only yesterday after trying a couple of basses in a large music retailer (outside of London) that I realised how lucky I am to have Wunjo on my doorstep. The experience was like night and day.

I went to Wunjo today to get a chorus pedal. Had a good chat with the guys and i can see they are passionate about customer service. I can't fault the place really.....oh and btw they appear to have just taken delivery of some new instruments so definitely worth a look!

Paul

I put a deposit down on a new Squier Bass VI on Sunday. Laurence had already ordered the colour I wanted, and assured me it would be put to one side as soon as it arrived (expected Wednesday or Thursday). Because I buy from the guys regularly (mainly bits and bobs rather than basses!) I was given a discount off the ticket price which was already close to the online price.

I got a call from Tom this afternoon to say that it had arrived early from Fender (win!) and then he offered to have the bass sent to my house by courier, timed specifically so that I would be home from work, for no extra charge. All because the weather was cr*p today and he didn't want me trawling round London with a wet bass.

Needless to say I am absolutely blown away - I knew Wunjo were brilliant, but this is a whole other level of service that I was not expecting.

The bass is pretty nice too :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a trip to Wunjo to spec a new strap. Was served by Tom and the lovely Dionne. Had a noodle on a superb original Coronado II which sounded bostin' through a Fender Rumble. We had a bit of a natter and I showed off my new white 'Joe Strummer' George Cox creepers :)[size=4] [/size][size=4]. I came away with a mono strap at an unbeatable price.[/size]

Can't recommend these guys enough. Should be at the top of your list for any London visit.

Edited by Billy Apple