Why become a member? ×

Wunjo Bass shop Denmark Street

fender73

[quote name='BassPimp66' timestamp='1349555490' post='1827794']
Most online/brick-and-mortar shops sell it for £319 with free shipping. So, I would say you're in the money.
[/quote]

Yep - and good service goes a long way with me. With so many music shops disappearing because they cannot compete with t'internet - i'd pay a wee bit more to know that id something goes wrong - i can just wander back in sort it.

[quote name='fender73' timestamp='1349555638' post='1827795']
Yep - and good service goes a long way with me. With so many music shops disappearing because they cannot compete with t'internet - i'd pay a wee bit more to know that id something goes wrong - i can just wander back in sort it.
[/quote]

1 extra pound for good service and a guarantee is well worth it :)

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1349540341' post='1827544']
Also had good service from them, they're beginning to give Denmark Street a good name again.
[/quote]Yep, now there's a reason for us low downers to go back to WC2.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there the weekend before last and they were great. Really friendly staff who were more than happy to chat and let me try out a squier retro vibe precision (which was an awesome bass for the money). None of the snobby/can't be arsed vibes that you get from some of the other shops. Thumbs up from me.

[quote name='krysh' timestamp='1351034342' post='1846602']
hmmm, a weekend in london is on my wishlist now...
[/quote]

On the strength of a few good reports from the biggest musical rippoff street in Christendom ?

I'm still waiting to see if those Denmark Street guys from Music Ground who were putting together 'vintage' amps and cabs, as well as guitars and basses, on a wholesale scale, will ever get prosecuted ?? This was a very serious fraud with them even going to the trouble to make fake serial plates, and putting dust rust and fluff in to the newer made up bodies to make them appear vintage. Same guys also owned 3 other Denmark Street stores.

ps: In fairness, as far as Im aware non of this has anything to do with [b]Wunjo[/b] who just have the unfortunate happenstance to be on the same street ( and pay the same exorbitant rent and rates, I'm sure)

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1351135344' post='1847809']
On the strength of a few good reports from the biggest musical rippoff street in Christendom ?

I'm still waiting to see if those Denmark Street guys from Music Ground who were putting together 'vintage' amps and cabs, as well as guitars and basses, on a wholesale scale, will ever get prosecuted ?? This was a very serious fraud with them even going to the trouble to make fake serial plates, and putting dust rust and fluff in to the newer made up bodies to make them appear vintage. Same guys also owned 3 other Denmark Street stores.

ps: In fairness, as far as Im aware non of this has anything to do with [b]Wunjo[/b] who just have the unfortunate happenstance to be on the same street ( and pay the same exorbitant rent and rates, I'm sure)
[/quote]

don't know about these issues, I just want to have a look, don't want to buy anything. no need for it. :lol:

I've been in there a couple of times in recent weeks, and the attitude of the staff is unrecognisable from how it used to be under the previous owners. They were chatty and friendly and actually encouraged me to try out whatever instruments I wanted. Once I'd recovered from the shock, that's what I did. I didn't come away with anything, but it's only a matter of time ...