Why become a member? ×

Get your OC-2s out!! ;)

Sibob

Perhaps a bit toooo specific hehe, but gives me an excuse for a picture:

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/15yuteu.jpg[/IMG]

All are Japanese apart from the Taiwan one on the board.

And no......I haven't plugged them all in together yet :D

Si

It's a combination of using them a LOT, so going a bit overboard on spares (I've used an OC-2 for pretty much any musical situation in the last 5 years, sometimes two on same board).....and being a big 'vintage' Boss fan, so I have a nice little collection of a pedal I use all the time, works for me :).

There's not a huge difference between the 3 models (Japanese Octaver, Japanese Octave, Taiwan Octave). The Japanese ones are a tiny but warmer to my ears, but you wouldn't notice on a gig, the earlier Octaver has a slight dip in unison gain that I've grown to like.
Plus the Japanese tend to hold worth better, although the Taiwan OC-2s are creeping up

Si

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1350220888' post='1835882']OK I'm going to ask, why do you need more than one?[/quote]

I've got two on my board because I split my signal in two. Originally I just had an OC-2 in one channel (because I either wanted it solo or blended with my clean sound or effected sounds) but then I found there were loads of nice sounds to be had by putting an OC-2 infront of the stuff I had in the other channel as well, so I added a second for that.

Can't imagine needing six although spares are always a good idea, but two is very sensible. :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1351160590' post='1848005']
Can't imagine needing six although spares are always a good idea, but two is very sensible. :)
[/quote]

I'm certainly not suggesting that 7 is sensible :D
But it is fun lol

Si

• 2 months later...