Why become a member? ×

Sub4 v Jag v P-bass.

lee4

I've been given the green light to get another bass,which was originally going to be a Warwick Rockbass Streamer Standard(the one with the passive MEC humbuckers),but as they are as rare as hen's teeth,I will probably give it a miss.
A quick trip to Andertons in Guildford has left me perplexed as to what I should choose.As I have a budget of £300-£350(has to include gig-bag and strap locks)my choice is limited,but the 3 I tried all hit the right spot.
The SUB4 felt as comfy as an old sweater(albeit one with a monster tone),the VM Squier Jag had a lovely pre-amp(IMHO),and had my favourite P-J configuration,and the P-bass had the simpicity I like.
How the f**k can I choose!!Help!!
The Jag is the cheapest,the SUB4 the dearest,and they all do something I like.
All suggestions gratefully received.

No way!It's a definate keeper,plus the fact that it has got loads of chips and scratches,and a thumb rest stretching from the pup to the fret board.
I think the re-sale value would be about the price of a four pack of Guiness!

By a used bass. That way you get a load more for your money and you don't end up paying 20% of the purchase price as VAT. The fact that you liked all three tells me that you'll easily find something you'll like as well as these. Why the rush?

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1349475925' post='1827010']
By a used bass. That way you get a load more for your money and you don't end up paying 20% of the purchase price as VAT. The fact that you liked all three tells me that you'll easily find something you'll like as well as these. Why the rush?
[/quote]
Me want NOW!

Excuse my 4 year old self,please.
If I get it soonish,it'll prevent the Other Half from suggesting a better use for the dosh(such as curtains,food,or paying the bills.).

Edited by lee4