Why become a member? ×

Eden WT550, thoughts,opinions please

KennysFord

Hey Folks,
I'm wondering if you guys can offer some opinions / thoughts on the EdenWT550.
I play in a Wedding / Function band and a Blues outfit as well.
I've had a few recent purchases that have not worked out for me at all so would like to learn from others' experiences on this head.
There's not much on Youtube and a few post on TB of them packing up or breaking down etc.
Any thoughts chaps ?
B)

Hi Luke,
I'm using either my Ampeg SVT 3 which I like (but it's a tad too heavy especially in it's rack) or my Yamaha BBT500H which I really really like but is underpowered for what I need.
I like the "Ampeg" tone but I'm worried about buying a used 7pro.... or a PF500 come to think of it,but, .... I'm open to trying something different.
Cab wise, I'm currently using an "ASS" sealed 2x12" with Eminence delta's. It's a nice punchy cab but relatively unknown. It's fairly slim so a 19" rack amp looks silly sat up top.
When funds allow I'll be looking at getting a good high end cab, Berg maybe or Aguilar.
Cheers.
B)

The WT550 will be very different from the SVT 3. It will be clean and more hi-fi sounding, but not brittle or harsh as some hi-fi sounding amps can be. There is a warmth to the sound. The tone section is brilliant - a wide range is available and the flexibility is first class.

They seem to be reliable. I managed to blow mine due to a cab that developed a serious cross-over fault. Two of the output transformers did go, but the fuse blew before any further damage was done. Cost me £60 (from memory) to get it fixed. The techie that repaired it praised the layout and build quality. There are rumours that later models are less reliable than earlier ones, but how true that is is anyone's guess.

One of my favourite heads ever, leave everything flat and crank it up and you'll grin from ear to ear. Only replaced it with a GK MB Fusion for practicality - which is a bit of a daft comment coz the WT550 is hardly big or heavy!

Edit: I play in a wedding/function band too, the Eden was amazingly versatile without needing to actually DO anything. Just tweak your playing style and te sound will be there.

Edited by Merton

I've got the WT400 , the one before , and it's all I've played in nearly 12 years .

I've done blues deps , covers bands , and the like , and it'll cover everything .

They're out of vogue at the moment , so they can be picked up relatively cheaply .

as you can see i`ve got a number of eden amps .........all of which has the same eq section as wt550.............. great clean solund ,without having to twiddle with knobs.........very rugged and techs like them for maintenance..........

Thanks for all the help guys.
I met up with Bill this morning to collect the amp. Lovely chap BTW.... :D
Just got her plugged in, EQ flat and half a turn on the enhance knob and Bamm !! I have "my tone".
That was easy !!
I've not tweaked the eq section at all and it's there. It's a lovely sounding head, really warm,balls in the low end and with lots of definition. I'm chuffed ta bits I've finally bought something that's worked for me.
It pays to ask for help I guess.
I'll be gigging the head tonight so I'll be back tomorrow with my findings from a live setting.
B)

Edited by kennyrodg