Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BH250 - anyone tried one yet?

Gunsfreddy2003

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1362669988' post='2003113']
I don't understand why bass players want deafening amps. You just need it loud enough to compete with the drums - then it goes through the PA. In the old days 100watt was considered more than enough. Now its 500 watts, etc.
[/quote]

+1

hey, has anyone had the RH450 and gone on to the BH250?

I have a RH450 (with a RS210) at the moment, and whilst I love it, I really like the tone print feature and thinking maybe the price difference between what I could sell my RH450 for and buy a BH250 for, could go nicely towards a RS112.... but I'm just wondering if I'm gonna be disappointed. Can't find anywhere to try one out yet

Cheers

I have the BH250 and am seriously looking at the RH450, perhaps there is a deal to be done here? PM me if interested in discussing further?

[quote name='Dr_Tom' timestamp='1363361046' post='2011836']
hey, has anyone had the RH450 and gone on to the BH250?

I have a RH450 (with a RS210) at the moment, and whilst I love it, I really like the tone print feature and thinking maybe the price difference between what I could sell my RH450 for and buy a BH250 for, could go nicely towards a RS112.... but I'm just wondering if I'm gonna be disappointed. Can't find anywhere to try one out yet

Cheers
[/quote]

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1362669988' post='2003113']
I don't understand why bass players want deafening amps. You just need it loud enough to compete with the drums - then it goes through the PA. In the old days 100watt was considered more than enough. Now its 500 watts, etc.
[/quote]
This made me smile :) I relied on a MkII Marshall Superbass for many years and it was always enough...however it's since been sold and I now own a BH250. I must admit coming from an old skool valve top and 1x15 cab background the BH250 confused me to start with regarding the tone controls as they seem to filter frequencies rather that operate like conventional cut/boost. I had a bit of dialogue with TC who were very helpful with some setup suggestions. It was only after picking up a second hand BC212 that the amp really seemed to come alive tonally. With the spectracomp toneprint, BC212 and an old Peavey BVXBW together, my BH250 sounds immense. I think it's a great little amp, powerful, plenty loud, toneful, lightweight and the Toneprint is a great feature. One thing I've noticed is that the BH250 is so light, it slides about a bit on top of my cabs especially from the big lows the Peavey cab kicks out. It's nothing a bit of gaffa tape won't fix but something to watch for if you like using subs/15's.