Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**

Low End Bee

I've had this two years but my band is Precision all the way now.
Huge sounding thing with nice hardwear.
It needed some work out of the box so I got the credit card out and headed to Chandlers in Kew. They gave it a fret dress and set up. The nut wasn't great so they made an ebony shim and fitted it for me and now it's perfect. the pickups are really nice but I wanted to upgrade the electrics. Pots, switch and jack were swapped for switchcraft ones. I also swapped one of the tone pots for a variable coil tap on the neck pickup and made the other one a master tone. This is a very useful mod and adds a lot of versatility.
It's done 4 or 5 gigs but is in good nick. The only cosmetic issue is on the back there is a bit of buckle rash and the pickup screws had to be wound in tight and caused a tiny bit of pea sized flaking to the paint. But you can't see that when you're playing it. Comes with a fetching 'Bite!' sticker from Big Red X's band. You can peel that off if you're no fun. It's got a newish set of D'addario Prosteels on it. You will get noticed if you play this.
£200 collected from Brentford/Chiswick, west London or £220 posted (insured) to a UK address in its original cardboard shipping box.

The headcock....I mean headstock.... looks nothing like this.

Edited by Low End Bee

[quote name='Gray' timestamp='1351719087' post='1854705']
Hi,

What kind of synth might you be interested in ?
[/quote]

I was after a small Alesis, Akai, Korg type of thing. My guitarist has just pulled the trigger on one for band use so I'm afraid we're back to a straight sale for the Rertrovibe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='WACOJACO' timestamp='1358198168' post='1934802']
consider a trade for this at all mate ? http://basschat.co.uk/topic/192697-squier-5-string-active-jazz-bass-deluxe/page__fromsearch__1
[/quote]

I've put the bass on hold for someone for a bit while they raise the cash I'm afraid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1364914012' post='2032527']
If nobody comes up with an offer or a trade I swear I'm going to keep it, cover it in flock wallpaper and have a scratchplate made out of kitsch lino. Then you'll all say "I wish I'd got hold of that when it looked nice".
[/quote]

Fine... Pmed