Why become a member? ×

PASS IT ON: WAY DOWN, the autobiography of Jerry Scheff

Happy Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All on list (ie no one right now, but maybe people will join), I have an arrangement with Bluejay to hand over book in early Dec when I am in London.I'll PM whoever comes along when I'm done although I'm a fast reader so it shouldnt be too long.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to BlueJay for taking the time to pass this to me in Central London. I didnt help by being underground in the sea Life centre, and thsu out of mobile communciation, changing plans on the day, texting my location to someone else by mistake, and also stepping away from our table to check if the disabled toilet was free just as she was looking for me but she [b]still [/b]found us. Thanks again

I shouldnt be too long, who's next ?

It was a pleasure to meet you, Simon, and you lovely wife and family, even for a few minutes. We were in a very busy place, in one of London's tourist hotspots, and I myself didn't help by getting lost and then looking in the wrong place.
But the important thing is you've got the book. Let us know what you think about it, now that we also have Jerry Scheff's personal message addressing some of the points Jack and I made in our reviews.

I had a quick read on the train (long delay due to suspect package left by some prat at sileby station helped)- up to where he hears of elvis dying and I felt I was standing right behind him for those events.

When you next talk to him, Bluejay, please pass on my complements on a job well done. Not a bass-geek book but an interesting vignette into a life

Will do, Simon. Glad you agree with me that the book is well written and entertaining, despite being bass-lite :)
If you have the time and the inclination to write a review, I'd suggest you post it on the original thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/188351-way-down-disappointment-of-the-year/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/188351-way-down-disappointment-of-the-year/[/url], so that the community (and Jerry himself) can continue the debate in one place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...