Why become a member? ×

This Better Work

Tankdave

Had this little number done a week or so ago, it's a little job to fix the painful tennis elbow I've had for over a year now. "and no, I do not play tennis"

It has been preventing me from bass playing for anything more than a few minutes in all this time and if I do a few numbers with my buds, the darn elbow swells up and hurts like hell for 24hrs.

So after having 3 Cortisone injections, I was offered this "Tennis Elbow Release" op. It'll get worse before it gets better "I heard mentioned", they are not kidding. Feels like it's been hit with a lump hammer - lol.

Good news is, that I played bass the other day for about 1/2hr, was tricky picking up the bass and getting the strap over my neck with just a left hand but it was do-able, I paid the price for it next day though with some extra pain.

Just thought some extra crossed fingers might help me here?

Interesting. What do they actually do, do ou know? Is it a shave of the joint or somesuch?

I get problems with both elbows on & off and have had cortisone injections that have worked, but still had a flare up earlier in the week.

Talked to the rheumatologist who said to me "let's try the cortisone first" as elbow replacements are not as good as the shoulder, knuckles & wrist I have already had done over the years.

Good luck for a speedy recovery.

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1349138879' post='1822395']elbow replacements are not as good as the shoulder, knuckles & wrist I have already had done over the years.[/quote]
:blink:
Do you make a noise like a metal mattress when you're playing bass?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkxywaZUA7Y

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1349183698' post='1822901']
:blink:
Do you make a noise like a metal mattress when you're playing bass?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkxywaZUA7Y[/media]
[/quote] :lol: Something like that. Sadly I don't have Six million dollar man fingers, more like Scrapyard Challenge man

I was a bit upset that I did not set off the metal detectors at the airport this year. That was always fun :ph34r: