Why become a member? ×

Donations

Rayman

Just a quick message, aimed at people who don't do the following.......

If you sell a piece of equipment on Basschat, [i]PLEASE[/i] consider making a small donation to the cause afterwards. Running this site isn't free, and if we all chip in, it can only make the site better.

To those of you who [i]DO[/i] donate after selling stuff, good on ya!

This is all just [i]my[/i] opinion, I have no affiliation with the site (although I've been on here a long time), and I've had no contact with the mods on this subject. I just think it's something we should all at least consider.

Why not just donate a little regularly, to say thanks for the joy, no matter if one has sold something?

As far as I've understood the comments here, one often sells either because one is broke or because one needs the money for new gear. Both may make it bad timing.

However, a fiver every now and again won't break anyone, I'd think.

Or are people more in spending mood after having sold an item?

best,
bert

• 2 weeks later...

agree - i don't sell gear very often but recently sold some for a deceased friends family and always try to leave a donation. I try to aim for somewhere between 5-10% of sale.
Its a bit like leaving a restaurant tip i guess. Always nice to reward the waiter. :D

And you always get a nice personal thanks email from the team which is a really nice touch and makes you feel good the rest of the day. Everyone's a winner :lol:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1349989569' post='1833345']
We've had donations ranging from 10p to £40[/quote]

[b]WHAT?[/b] You put £960 in your own pocket? I [b]knew[/b] I shouldn't take the risk! :P :lol: :ph34r:

If we all pull together, 21,000 or so donations of 10p each would make roughly 2,000 guineas - - quite an amount.
Imagine what £1 each would do (I know about inactive accounts, but still).

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1349990025' post='1833357']
[b]WHAT?[/b] You put £960 in your own pocket? I [b]knew[/b] I shouldn't take the risk! :P :lol: :ph34r:

best,
bert
[/quote]

I gave you the £40 to keep quiet, wish I took the whole £1k now!

Yeah, I lolled but it's better than nothing!! I would say that probably less than 5% of the finished transactions via BC include a donation to the site. It's not why we do it, but it's nice when people take the trouble, even if it's pennies.