Why become a member? ×

PASS IT ON: Jaco Pastorius: The Greatest Jazz-fusion Bass Player

Dubs

Some heavy stuff this…it’s a book of transcribed Jaco lines of songs he played with Weather Report. It goes well over the top of my head and I don’t have the patience to properly get to grips with it. It’s all tabbed out as well for those like me who are non-competent readers. I got this book free a few years ago when I subscribed to Bass Guitar mag and I’ve hardly used it so it’s completely mint and completely going to waste on me. It’s not particularly worth a lot so I’d like to start a circulation of this book much in the same vein as elom did with “Guy Pratt – My Bass and Other Animals” if there is enough interest in it?

Here’s a link to the same book - [url="http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/025716/details.html"]http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/025716/details.html[/url]

I’d say it’s a steep learning curve for complete non-readers but there is tab to give you an idea of what’s going on so it’s a good learning tool. It doesn’t come with a CD though so you’ll have to acquire the Weather Report tracks by other means.

The same rules that applied to elom’s book would apply to this;

[b]“First up, this is not your book. It's a communal book now. Once you've read it you must post it back on this thread to be passed on to the next person who wants it. Oh and if you've not read it inside a month then pass it on anyway slowcoach.”[/b]

Hope this sparks a bit of interest and can be useful to the community. I would be interested to look at a tabbed Jamiroquai book if anyone want's to lend me out one for a couple of weeks? :brow:

Show your interest on the thread....

Edited by Dubs

[quote name='mr.sibs' post='195960' date='May 10 2008, 01:33 PM']ah i would have had a go on this if id have read it in time, ah well[/quote]

I've not got round to listing it yet so I'll give it another week and if there's sufficient interest (looking doubtful) then I'll release it into the realm of BC...going to mr.sibs first.

[quote name='mr.sibs' post='198430' date='May 14 2008, 02:01 AM']pm me when you want my address details, il let people know when ive got it and in a month send it on :) great[/quote]

PM away...It'll probably make it to the post office on Saturday so you should have it Monday or Tuesday. Hope everyone can get a bit of use out of it

[quote name='mr.sibs' post='203121' date='May 20 2008, 06:36 PM']received today, and if all goes to plan i will post to kirky on the 20th of june :) thanks[/quote]

Efficient Royal Mail for once – it was only sent yesterday.

Good to know you got it, enjoy…

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='mr.sibs' post='203121' date='May 20 2008, 06:36 PM']received today, and if all goes to plan i will post to kirky on the 20th of june :) thanks[/quote]

how are you getting on with this mate? hope it's been useful

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...