Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2013 - 2 and 3/03/2013

Silvia Bluejay

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1359398323' post='1954204']
Oh, and there will be free lanyards for all the lovely BC folk who come to the stand and meet other BC folk. Don't worry, you don't have to stay long, or talk to Dood.
[/quote]

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! - Last year, honestly, I think I played about 3 basses tops all weekend as I spent most of the show nattering! Does my Lanyard have a health warning attached?

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1359398323' post='1954204']
Oh, and there will be free lanyards for all the lovely BC folk who come to the stand and meet other BC folk. Don't worry, you don't have to stay long, or talk to Dood.
[/quote]

Talking to Dood is my favourite part of the show!

The entire BassGear stand will be populated by BC folk this year :)

Even better news, for my poor ears anyway, is that we'll be in the quieter zone this year. In fact, theoretically, they are restricting crazed noisy slapping to just the first 15 minutes of each hour even in the main hall!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1359417038' post='1954609']

Even better news, for my poor ears anyway, is that we'll be in the quieter zone this year. In fact, theoretically, they are restricting crazed noisy slapping to just the first 15 minutes of each hour even in the main hall!
[/quote]

That is very good news :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1359417038' post='1954609']
...they are restricting crazed noisy slapping to just the first 15 minutes of each hour even in the main hall!
[/quote]

That's still a [i]lot [/i]of slapping. Depending on how much slapping you're used to, of course. These things are relative.

[quote name='StephenYork' timestamp='1359634258' post='1957885']
Hey,

I will be there on the Saturday, managed to get an early bird ticket for Christmas. Any idea what time the early birds are allowed in? It doesn't say on the website or tickets!?

Would be good to meet up with a few people, will pop along to the BC stand to say hi.
[/quote]

My understanding is that "Early bird" was the name given to those tickets that were purchased before November 12 2012. They don't allow you to get into the show any earlier than anyone else. (Mine's one of those too.)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1359454997' post='1954873']
That's still a [i]lot [/i]of slapping. Depending on how much slapping you're used to, of course. These things are relative.
[/quote]

Totally agree!

It'll be interesting to see how well t's policed this year.

Last year it was supposed to be 30 minutes of 'noise' per hour but loads of people just ignored this and carried on playing. Theoretically the show guys have the authority to pull their power but I've never seen that happen.

Apart from being stupidly noisy and pointless it's also just plain rude & disrespectful to all the exhibitors who'd actually like to talk to a few potential customers ithout screaming at the top of their voice all day.

I'm going to be on a mission to report all the law breakers, lol.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1359635509' post='1957925']

My understanding is that "Early bird" was the name given to those tickets that were purchased before November 12 2012. They don't allow you to get into the show any earlier than anyone else. (Mine's one of those too.)
[/quote]

I feel a bit stupid now!

Anyway see you guys there

I'll be there on Saturday I reckon.... rather than earplugs I think i'll bring a pair of pliers for all the slappers. one snip and they're quiet...

I just wish they'd have some more interesting and varied guests. We don't all want to be bored to tears by over techy musos all day long.

It'd be so refreshing to have Paul Simonen, Duff McKagan, Nikki Sixx or Steve Harris there instead.. or even.... Lemmy!

I'm not going to attend all masterclasses either - but I know I'm going to spend a lot of very dangerous, GAS-inducing time at Warwick's stand, as well as meeting as many Basschatters as possible (details to follow). And obviously checking out all the other vendors. I should probably leave my credit cards at home.

Great to see so many are going!

I will be there both days, working with MarkBass, so looking forward to putting names/faces to BC'ers, as I don't get up to meet all you big city folk too often!

In the meantime I am officially homeless! We sold and moved out of our house yesterday and don't get to move in to the new place until 18th Feb, so we're off on holiday to get some winter sun. I'll be working on being easy to spot on the day, balding git with a Markbass Lanyard hopefully sporting a healthy tan!

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1359727618' post='1959468']
I'll be there on Saturday I reckon.... rather than earplugs I think i'll bring a pair of pliers for all the slappers. one snip and they're quiet...

I just wish they'd have some more interesting and varied guests. We don't all want to be bored to tears by over techy musos all day long.

It'd be so refreshing to have Paul Simonen, Duff McKagan, Nikki Sixx or Steve Harris there instead.. or even.... Lemmy!
[/quote]

They would all get a thumbs up from me!

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1359748440' post='1959929']
Looks like I'm back in the UK the following week. Shame but the timing is just not good for me.
[/quote]
That's a co incidence! - I am off to the southern hemisphere (well Sydney actually) on the Sunday, but I will be there on Saturday. :happy:

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1359758185' post='1960118']
That's a co incidence! - I am off to the southern hemisphere (well Sydney actually) on the Sunday, but I will be there on Saturday. :happy:
[/quote]
I'm in the process of finalising flights. Hoping to stop over for a night of the 8th so I can try one of Industrial Radio's MIDI basses.

Meet you at Sydney airport for a breakfast beer? :)

Really looking forward to it! This will be my third year. Hopefully want to meet with Dave from Megadeth :)

My only criticism is that the slapping and popping can get a bit rowdy. I always walk out with a headache. Its not that I don't like slap and pop (I do it a lot myself oo'er!) its just constant, with loads of people doing it at different times, and at different sound levels. Ow.

Apart from that, its a great experience. Good to just have the opportunity to chat about Bass with like-minded people.

Updated unofficial attendance list! :)

[b]Saturday[/b]
Mr Fretbuzz
Hobbayne
Swanbrook
jcater
louisthebass
molan (BassGear)
bluejay
Rumple
ezbass
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
Lozz196
The Greek
Walman
Jimryan
seashell
rushbo
StephenYork
such
Clarky72
MoJoke(MarkBass)
Dmanlius
Jellyfish
toomey7

[b]Sunday[/b]
Swanbrook
jcater
Molan (BassGear)
Acebassmusic
Dood (Hartke)
hernandoitwt
irvined
such
MoJoke (MarkBass)
seashell

If your post didn't mention whether you were coming Sat or Sun, I've just guessed at Sat! Feel free to amend if I've got that wrong.

:)