Why become a member? ×

Rockbass Streamer Standard.Anyone had or got one?

lee4

I've used one at open mics quite a bit. Good solid instruments. They feel a bit 'identikit' like lots of the Korean, two band active basses do, it's like the same bass over and over just in a different shape.
With a good set up it would make a perfectly good gigging bass that should last as long as you could ever need it to. :)

Ive had one of these for a few years . Liked the way it felt -- better than most of the real warwicks -- and could get a good sound at home .But on stage was always too much top or too much bottom . Mine was from thomann and was actually "slightly" active . First I knew about it was when it stopped working after a year and I found a battery in it !!!. When I say slightly active it seemed to be a tone circuit only -- virtually no boost .
Eventually I decided I would get rid of the warwick stuff and put a fender p bass pick up in it . ---- What a difference --. now has a really even sound with lots of p bass punch !!

[quote name='b assingear' timestamp='1348736422' post='1817428']
Ive had one of these for a few years . Liked the way it felt -- better than most of the real warwicks -- and could get a good sound at home .But on stage was always too much top or too much bottom . Mine was from thomann and was actually "slightly" active . First I knew about it was when it stopped working after a year and I found a battery in it !!!. When I say slightly active it seemed to be a tone circuit only -- virtually no boost .
Eventually I decided I would get rid of the warwick stuff and put a fender p bass pick up in it . ---- What a difference --. now has a really even sound with lots of p bass punch !!
[/quote]
It's the 2 humbucker one that I'm interested in.The original Rockbass design IIRC.