Why become a member? ×

Time for a Welsh Bass Bash?

chaypup

Someone (sorry I forget who!) di try to organise one before but it fell through due to (I think) no one being available to host the event in Music Box studios in Cardiff.

Since then there's been a flurry of new South Wales-based members so shall we organise a Cardiff or Swansea Bass Bash?

I'm in too if it's in Cardiff or very near. Hi Debs we talked about this a while ago but it seemed to fall by the wayside.

I may be able get use of my Church on a Saturday afternoon evening. A few usable rooms.

Never been to a bass bash, how does it work?

Pub nearby for a pint after!

Edited by gelfin

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1348523977' post='1814897']
I'm in too if it's in Cardiff or very near. Hi Debs we talked about this a while ago but it seemed to fall by the wayside.

I may be able get use of my Church on a Saturday afternoon evening. A few usable rooms.

Never been to a bass bash, how does it work?

Pub nearby for a pint after!
[/quote]

I've no idea how it works! Anyone been to one?

A quick search here on Bc will show up a few things that went on :lol: Go on i know you want to ....

Its all about coordination .. venues need enough power and parking .. maybe tea coffee and umm facilities ... it needs to be cheap , secure and easily accessible for a majority too .. so M4 link makes sense ..and maybe a car share or 2 ..

Music Box Cardiff was the venue for the last Wales event Organised by the much missed SI and another whos name i am trying to remember ( my apologies sir ) and two " spaces " were paid for the day .. 10 til 5 or so .. or at least until pubs opened ..

Fantastic event , even though i was invariably late .. were an eclectic bunch arent we ? and from beginner to Pro, very inclusive

I remember some great basses and great people .. faces to names is fun ...A couple of Wals showed up .. A Marleaux .. a few rarities and oddities .clifton .. Si s shuker .. a load of blingy stuff and a few basic workhorse gigging things ..an eye opener seeing what kit is used in and around these parts ..

A few demos .. a workshop or two ... a great drummer to jam with .. some great peeps and a thoroughly great bass time .. think i might have missed a talk and workshop by a luthier who did some basic set up work and was a font of all knowledge .. tho .. Eltham iirc ...

A raffle .. a little charity donation ... and a general feeling of what a great day .. even got to wear my BC t shirt !

Probably needs around 20 people ( hopefully a few more ) min to make it work maybe one to trawl local music shops begging for a donation ( anyone have any good buddies who work in the Music shops around these parts .. all in a good cause of course and maybe a chat with Hamster .. and even Ped .. Dont think there a Mod In Wales at the moment ..

The good news is that I ll have chance to do that on Saturday :D

My hand is up for a November do .. allowing time to coordinate and shape it up ...

Im Claudius !

Lets start with a list and a few dates .. if we get numbers and some dates that work then its a doddle ...

Sooo .. Hands up ... and some ideas and thoughts .....

Gary
v8

Ill feedback on the SE event ( although check pics as they will probably be up on the day and over the day or 2 afterwards ( in a week after my hols ...

Diolch

I could be up for it depending on when and where it is. A few of us organised one in Birmingham last year, and despite quite a few saying they would come, there was only 4 of us turned up......... it was good to meet some other BCers, but it did feel like a bit of a waste of time, so I definitely agree with v8bass; there need to be a reasonable number of people to make it worthwhile.

I'm pretty flexible any day in November, (except Sundays)

As I mentioned before I may be able to use my Church building. We would be able to use three rooms there.
A very large hall, a medium sized hall. And down in the depths of the basement is our bands practise room, smallish, 10ft x 20 ft with a very low ceiling. All our bands kit is down here. I could get my guitarist and a drummer for jamming with. And more if people want.

There would be no alcohol permitted inside, but there is a pub a stones throw away. The Three Arches ( Brains)

Saturday afternoon / evening would be best. If interested give me your favoured date and I can check that it's free.

Good car park as well for easy loading.

Kit available is

Gallien Kreuger RB 400 15 combo
Gallien Kreuger Fusion 550 head / GLX 410 cab / BLX 210 cab

Old Trace 410 and 1x15, Peavey Black widow 15 cabs

Ric 4003
Tokai Thunderbird
Epi Explorer
Toby pro4
Ryder P bass
Mazetti 8 string
Strange twin neck?

All could have a go on my Taurus bass pedals

Edited by gelfin

If this location is good for all who would like to join in then lets have a list and a date so I can book the venue.
There is no cost involved but perhaps a voluntary donation may be fair.

Please don't be put off by it being a Church building.

Good parking. Clean facilities etc.

I'd hope to attend. On Sunday, Mr Ace mentioned that he might be up for it if he is asked. Last time I think he was in the frame for one but no one had asked him in fact :-0. He'll need more eggs though Deb lol. Can't do 4 th Nov as its my exam, nor 23/24 as I've got something far better to go to..a stag weekend :-)

If all are happy with the location and if we start off with November 10th Saturday as the date please let me know asap as I will need to confirm use of the building.

The way I see it working is that we all turn up with what ever kit we want to bring, get to know each other and make a lot of deep loud sounds. Chip in for tea coffee etc. (no alcohol)

Do we want a drummer, a guitarist or more to jam with. Do you want to bring any band mates for this?

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1349988857' post='1833331']
If all are happy with the location and if we start off with November 10th Saturday as the date please let me know asap as I will need to confirm use of the building.

The way I see it working is that we all turn up with what ever kit we want to bring, get to know each other and make a lot of deep loud sounds. Chip in for tea coffee etc. (no alcohol)

Do we want a drummer, a guitarist or more to jam with. Do you want to bring any band mates for this?
[/quote]

Sounds good to me, I will have a chat with my band mates see if they want to come along too. Would be cool to share any projects we got on the boil and that.