Why become a member? ×

Boss DR880 Drum Machine & Guitar/Bass Effects Processor (£195)

[attachment=130047:Boss 1.jpg] [attachment=130048:Boss 2.jpg] [attachment=130049:Boss 3.jpg]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]I have a top of the line Boss DR880 Version 2 Drum Machine in immaculate condition with original manual, plug and (now wrinkled) box etc. I got rid of my Korg Pandora for this - no competition.[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5][url="http://www.youtube.c...d&v=DeOXKdpUi3s"]http://www.youtube.c...d&v=DeOXKdpUi3s[/url][/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]It was purchased during University for improvisational practice and composing songs over various chord progressions/keys etc.[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]On it's many preset tracks, including various musical styles, you can dial in (via the volume knobs) guitar, bass and drum accompaniment as well as take them away; you can create your own in drum and bass grooves too of course (get as technical as you like). Through an amplifier or headphones, just plug your instrument in, choose you amp model and effects (or just leave it clean) and you'll have great fun - I promise!!

I can provide pictures if requested, but as I say, just a secure, yet wrinkly box to put you off - the machine is as new.[color=#0000FF] [/color][color=#ff0000]These retail at £435 online, so i'm asking for just £195 + postage (will discount for collection).[/color]

Specifications found below (and feedback below that :)):

[url="http://www.bossus.co...p?ProductId=473"]http://www.bossus.co...p?ProductId=473[/url][/size][/font]

Edited by Schnozzalee

By far one of the best bits of "usable" kits i have got for my studio,
i now use it all the time,
the pre amps in it are fantastic, i dumped my behringer bass amp sim
this is so so so much better quality, the power bass effect is to die for recorded.
and now use it 90% of the time when putting bass down it gives me that clear crunch from the frets
i cant get with any thing else, sounds as clear as something from "The nightfly"

Also if your into learning different styles this has bass patterns to match beats you can turn on and off,
so handy as a learning tool.

As a drum machine its also great, i have it hooked up to my Roland TD12 kit i can then use the outputs
to have bass drum, sn drum, others, and percussion on 4 sep tracks to the recorder as well as the td 12
own outputs,
am waffling now

great bit of kit all bass players should have.

Thanks Funkgod, I like the powerbass and acousticbass settings a lot - they sound good with anything. Some of the guitar effects even sound good with a bass plugged in too! You don't really need much more than this an amp and a bass - My best setups were this, a roland cube30 and a Sue Ryder...and also this, with a Genz Benz 750 and a Marleaux Fretless Consat 5. Useful for beginner or pro :)

Funny enough i have the HK 6 fretless copy of that bass which is just unbelievable for what i paid The best £190
i have EVER spent i love it, i use it with a guitar effect from the dr880 number U02, clean chorus with a bit off less
reverb is just the best dreamy creamy fretless bass sound, as good as the fantastic Boss RV3 which is still
for me the best live,
Anyway good luck.

Thanks! I use chorus on fretless basses a lot but always reverb - never bought an amp that doesn't have it! Thomann has some great, unique instruments - I still get the offers letter from when I bought my first bass :) . You must be a big guy to handle a 6 string fretless! If I returned to bass i'd be an under 9lbs 4 string fretless chap - tiny hands n feeble back haha...Oh!!! And I'd definately have a BOSS DR880 in my setup ;) :P

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...