Why become a member? ×

A guitar sister site for basschat?

Chris2112

Yes, we had someone lined up to kick it off, but his father was diagnosed with cancer so Basschat things have taken a back seat. We're hoping he will be able to get back into it in a few weeks though. We've had a series of let downs with web developers unfortunately.

I am really looking forward to this and I hope to contribute to the guitar site. I ask because my brother mentioned again today his long standing wish that there was a guitar site with the vibe and content of basschat. I told him there was a guitar site in the pipeline. It will be awesome.

Will our current user accounts span all the sites or will we need to re-registered on each different board?

for [b]SLAP[/b] substitute [b]SHRED[/b] :gas:

i prefer [b]WIDDLE[/b] - much better onomatopoeia :crazy:

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1347776913' post='1804758']
Will our current user accounts span all the sites or will we need to re-registered on each different board?
[/quote]

interesting point, and being multi-faceted as us bass players are who would go which direction - first thoughts being an ex-guitarist would be to go to guitarchat, but... a thought thats not occured to me until reading chris2112 post is that maybe i would prefer to read and post on drumchat for a bit of an insight into how all the drumchatters perceive us lot in the performance arena - although i know there are a few on here already offreing useful advice

will there be any stigma issues? being a drummer on a bass forum must carry a certain small frisson of excitement and titillation !! would that still be the case once everybody was assimilated into the big new world order music-chat mothership [url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-Funk_Mothership"] :D[/url]

on the plus side it can only be a good thing if more keyboarders and guitarers are exposed to our basschat [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/70165-funk-and-groove/page__hl__funk%20and%20groove"]funk and groove thread[/url] :P

Edited by steve-bbb

Kiwi has asked me and dood to admin it when it's live. No rush as the domain is parked for now - but I think it's better to plan properly than rush, as it won't just be a copy and paste of Basschat,

p.s. Definitely easier to register new accounts than try and migrate them.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1347828173' post='1805591']
Will we finally find out what is the best guitar for metal?
[/quote]

I thought guitars were only for metal anyway :blink:

Or at least, that`s the impression you`d get from reading most reviews about them.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1347880017' post='1805983']
I thought guitars were only for metal anyway :blink:

Or at least, that`s the impression you`d get from reading most reviews about them.
[/quote]
Really? Where are the reviews you read? Guitar World is pretty rock and metal, but most other guitar mags out there are very broad.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1347793743' post='1804952']
Kiwi has asked me and dood to admin it when it's live. No rush as the domain is parked for now - but I think it's better to plan properly than rush, as it won't just be a copy and paste of Basschat,

p.s. Definitely easier to register new accounts than try and migrate them.
[/quote]

DoooooodChat.co.uk :) lol

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1347781893' post='1804790']...being a drummer on a bass forum must carry a certain small frisson of excitement and titillation...[/quote]
It would do if we understood any of the jokes. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353