Why become a member? ×

Yamaha THR 10

jantheman

Just for fun, I bought one. You read all the hype and sometimes get suckered into spending your hard earned on something doesn't do what it says on the tin. Have no fear with this little beastie. Using the dedicated 'bass' channel selector switch it can easily handle anything my Corvette throws at it.
Ok, so we are talking 5 WPC (stereo output) but within those 5 W there is the clearest tone I have ever heard from an amp that small, even some of the so called 'practice' amps can't deliver like this does. Really, for home practice it is excellent.
You know what happens when you turn down the volume on your gig rig for practice...sounds like sh*t don't it. This baby sounds 'big' but at sensible volumes. If you feel the need, theres a 'phone socket there...just in case.

Dare I say it, there's some great guitar sounds on there as well for those so inclined. Lots of options via a USB / computer interface, not my thing really but some may find it interesting.

Try one out for yourself but make sure it's the THR 10, not the THR 5 cos the 5 doesn't have the 'bass' channel option. There's also lots of other stuff missing like the USB etc etc.

Disclaimer. I have no connection with Yamaha or any retail / wholesale outlets. I'm just a very satisfied owner of said amp.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...