Why become a member? ×

Babooshka

ezbass

Many, many of us seem to really like John Giblin's playing on this, but does anyone have notation or tab for what he's doing. I'm trying to piece it together for a band I'm in but it's proving to be a major PITA, especially as youtube on my PC is way out of synch when watching some of the performances (TBH my PC is out of synch on a lot of stuff) and I don't have it on CD to slow down. Any help out there?

(sound of whistling wind and tumbleweed drifting through the thread)

No worries chaps, after 2 days I've transcribed a version that I think is 'close enough' using a combination of PC, iPad and decent speakers. Now to write it out neatly!

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1347379135' post='1799992']
I take it you found this.

[url="http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/kate-bush-babooshka-bass-tab-s40355t5"]http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/kate-bush-babooshka-bass-tab-s40355t5[/url]

The tab is a bit wonky as it's across 6 strings...
[/quote]Yeah but I'm too tight to lay out for the app :)

• 6 years later...
3 hours ago, Gunsfreddy2003 said:

I’ve got to do some work on this tune - did you ever write anything down that you could share?

I did have something IIRC, that, plus a video on YT, is how I how I learnt it. Leave it with me, I’ll have a hunt around my old charts and see if I still have it. Watch this space.

• 3 weeks later...