Why become a member? ×

Great band opportunity in London.. I should know.. :(

jmstone

Due to a really unpleasant change in life circumstances - my wife becoming unwell and requiring long-term in patient treatment - I have had to drop all non-essential activities.. This means I have to step down from my band River Fury..

In my opinion, this is a really fantastic Indie Pop/Rock band. The songs are absolutely brilliant, the drummer is really solid, and the guys in the band are great. Just before this horrible incident, we were planning to get together to record our first EP. Lots of exciting things on the horizon.

There are a few tracks recorded on the FB page - http://facebook.com/riverfury

Drop me a line (or send a PM to the FB page) if you want to know more or are interested in trying out.

Commitment at present is 1 rehearsal per week in Waterloo, and gigging approx. once per month.

Hey - thanks for the support guys!

Yes - it has been a really horrible few weeks. Fortunately, friends and family have been really amazing to make things more bearable/possible. I will miss playing with the band, but hopefully if/when things are back on track (in Jan all things being well) I might be able to resume with a new project.. Anyway, for the time being, it's the last of my worries!

J

Edited by jmstone

Hey - thanks Ash! She is doing amazingly well considering, and we are all praying for a good response, but 6 months in hospital is pretty daunting!

Just an update on the band - they are still looking for another bass player - it was too far of a commute for the first guy that auditioned.

• 1 month later...