Why become a member? ×

Vigier Passion and Arpege - what's the difference?

lapolpora

9 minutes ago, itu said:

Sir, a copy of that pdf to me, please! Nice pair of dark ladies, by the way. (can almost hear Cher singing that song in the background)

I would like to add, that Passion and Arpege were available with three preamps (and few versions of them) during series II time, at least:

- ROM module preamp (Passion): volume and several presets with a rotating switch. Recognizable from two dots (the preamp attachment to the top) between pot hats. Few modules available.

- semiparametric: the most common unit. Arpege has one more pot (bass, I think).

- Nautilus (Arpege): the very rare and strange preamp with memory and display among others. Has approx. 251 pots and switches, or so.

Quite some data can be found from the net, but these are the basics.

Indeed - however the Arpege semi-parametric extra control knob alters the frequency of the boost/cut knob. It was also available with a ROM preamp without the removable pre-amp cartridges you mention for the Passion bass. Instead it had a 12 position switch http://www.vigierguitars.net/bcatalog/bfcv4.htm

I've never tried the ROM preamp

13 minutes ago, ped said:

Indeed - however the Arpege semi-parametric extra control knob alters the frequency of the boost/cut knob. It was also available with a ROM preamp without the removable pre-amp cartridges you mention for the Passion bass. Instead it had a 12 position switch http://www.vigierguitars.net/bcatalog/bfcv4.htm

But Sir, the semiparametric has a frequency knob on both preamps, Arpege and Passion. Passion only has volume, treble and the frequency knob, but Arpege has one more, so is it a bass or pan? This probably relates to different year models/versions. I just have two versions of Series II from 1988 and 1989. Their difference is that the frequency knob works CW and CCW.

6 minutes ago, itu said:

But Sir, the semiparametric has a frequency knob on both preamps, Arpege and Passion. Passion only has volume, treble and the frequency knob, but Arpege has one more, so is it a bass or pan? This probably relates to different year models/versions. I just have two versions of Series II from 1988 and 1989. Their difference is that the frequency knob works CW and CCW.

Sorry yes you're right, the extra knob controls the level of boost/cut, whereas the Passion has a switch for cut or boost and the level is pre-set.

Also the Arpege has a series/parallel switch

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This might be of interest to someone here:

For sale: 1986 Vigier Arpege II
€ 1.600,00
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m1389018096

Not affiliated with the seller in any way, just thought I'd share. Had this been a lefty, then it would have gotten its own thread, starting with the letters N, B and D 😅

Edited by LeftyJ