Why become a member? ×

Unwanted advert banners

Grand Wazoo

I've never understood peoples offence at targeted advertising (and this is in no way a slight on you GW!), to be honest, how often do you click on an ad that might be relevant to you anyway? I can count on one hand the amount of ads that I've purposely clicked on in my internet using lifetime!

Pop-ups, now that's another matter entirely :lol:

[i]"Dear Basschat[/i]

[i]Like literally thousands of people I suffer from EIS (Easily Influenced Syndrome) and thanks to your banner ads my living room is now full of luxury divan sofas, Dell computers, Pizza and local slags. The slags are getting pizza all over the sofas and the computers so I won't be able to return them for a refund. [/i]

[i]I am at my wits' end. Please stop bannering now.[/i]

[i]Yours, Skank"[/i]

That's what I [i]would[/i] have said before I discovered a new Japanese miracle yoghurt that suppresses the desire to spend money. WOW! It worked for me and now it can work for you. TELL ME MORE! Just one tub a day will save you £££'s. GOSH! Send £25.00 for more details. CRIKEY!

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1344968854' post='1771835']
Sadly it's just another example of Google's desire to be as intrusive as possible into one's private life.

I, for one, deplore it and them.
[/quote]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=6][b][url="http://duckduckgo.com/"]DUCKDUCKGO[/url][/b][/size][/font] :D