Why become a member? ×

Bass Face

Nibody

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1344438130' post='1764501']
Love the pic :)

I know what look would have been on my face if my six year old had got her hands on my bass. :angry:
[/quote]

Ah I have loads. Going to be looking for a 3/4 for her when she's a bit bigger

Awesome pic, chief - I think we can all confirm that your kid is metal! \m/

My bass face is pretty bad. I do a lot of lower jaw jutting and pouting - I'm either looking like I'm asking for a kiss or chewing cud.

The drummer's drum/sex face is infinitely worse, however...

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1344426170' post='1764228']
What is the closest aproximation of your "bass face"?

Just to kick things off heres my Autistic 6yr old throwing shapes with my Dean Metalman Flying V...
[/quote]
I have a 3 yr old and an 8 yr old, my living room floor looks like that as well, after a tidy up.

• 6 years later...

I was running late, overslept and raced off with bed-head to rehearsal slicing my index finger on the door. I'm playing away trying to avoid the stinging when I noticed the singer looking at me oddly and laughing to herself. I asked later and she thought I was putting on some extraordinary bass face. I tried to explain myself but she didn't buy it. I'm not self-conscious as I was as a young lad, but I cringe whenever I forget myself and people see my bass-face. Why does this dead-pan constipated look only afflict bass players?     

On 09/08/2012 at 12:09, Norris said:

We finished playing at a pub last weekend and a drunken punter asked why I looked so fed up all the time. I was perfectly happy.

So it seems my bass face is ... fecking miserable :D

Lucky you don’t use that one at work :)

On 09/08/2012 at 06:09, Norris said:

We finished playing at a pub last weekend and a drunken punter asked why I looked so fed up all the time. I was perfectly happy.

So it seems my bass face is ... fecking miserable :D

For those of us that are gigging bass face and all aspects of stage presence are really important.

It's something I'm constantly working on. I'm usually shocked and disappointed when I watch myself on video clips.

Blue

44 minutes ago, Norris said:

You've obviously not seen me at work recently. Fecking miserable is par for the course these days :)

Irony, it’s like bronzy and coppery only it's made of iron, as Baldrick said

I’ve spent the whole trying to work out why a huge multi module “mvnw” script from sonatype was failing on my pc only, which at 1629 today turned out to be a typo in their (widely published on GitHub) script and not my issue at all