Why become a member? ×

Moderator changes

Kiwi

Some of you may be wondering how six mods could match the giants who previously walked amongst us. The answer is: taking inspiration from Transformers, we retain the ability to transform into one giant moderator, possessing awesome firepower.

We had to take this approach once it became apparent that light touch moderating would no longer work - given that Discreet has trademarked the term "light touch" for the forthcoming InnuendoChat. He signed his last e-mail off with [i]"In your endo", [/i]which suggest he's making good progress.

Beyond that, I'm very much looking forward to it. This forum has given me a lot, and I enjoy my posting here - and now I get to help out, so it all works perfectly for me :)

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1344442651' post='1764613']
Some of you may be wondering how six mods could match the giants who previously walked amongst us. The answer is: taking inspiration from Transformers, we retain the ability to transform into one giant moderator, possessing awesome firepower.
[/quote]

They told me that I was going to be the 'primary coupling interface between robomod's legs and torso'.

I agreed before I realised they meant a*se... :(

'Gust0o'

We had to take this approach once it became apparent that light touch moderating would no longer work - given that Discreet has trademarked the term "light touch" for the forthcoming InnuendoChat. He signed his last e-mail off with [i]"In your endo", [/i]which suggest he's making good progress.

Beyond that, I'm very much looking forward to it. This forum has given me a lot, and I enjoy my posting here - and now I get to help out, so it all works perfectly for me :)

MB1. B)
"Here!... Calm down Calm down!" ;)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1344443025' post='1764622']
They told me that I was going to be the 'primary coupling interface between robomod's legs and torso'.

I agreed before I realised they meant a*se... :(
[/quote]

Well, there was some discussion about whether you were a peni... ahem! ;)

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to those of you that have helped to keep the peace in off topic (and everywhere else!) for the last, jesus, must have been 4 years or so! I really miss being able to spend as much time as I used to on here and I almost feel like a stranger amidst the more active posters these days. University, a better half and work have just got the better of me to the point where i'm ashamed to say, I don't even own a bass at this moment in time.

Basschat made me thrice the musician I was (and also a third as wealthy, thanks classifieds....) purely through motivation, I've met some great people, had some mind blowing conversations as well as some downright silly ones and just generally enjoyed this place for most of my musical life.

Stand strong basschatters and I'll be knocking about here and there once I have things in order.

Pvt. MythSte, honerably(ish) discharged from duty.

B)

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1344465475' post='1765171']
Will you be running courses on talking to drummers and guitarists? ;)
[/quote]
Sorry; didn't quite catch that. Could you rephrase, please, using only words with less than 1 syllable..? I may be speaking on behalf of some guitarists, too. Thanks in advance...

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1344515765' post='1765756']
Hosepipes down their wellies?
[/quote]

Close...

Anyway, after all this fuss about moderator changes, I checked this morning and nothing has changed. Was it supposed to grow?

I'm going to create a new User (I'll call him [i][b]Unhappy Jack [/b][/i]... no one will ever guess it's me) and hang around on GuitarChat winding up lead guitarists with questions about oxygen-free cables and why you can't use six fuzz pedals simultaneously. ;)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1344528058' post='1766041']
I'm going to create a new User (I'll call him [i][b]Unhappy Jack [/b][/i]... no one will ever guess it's me) and hang around on GuitarChat winding up lead guitarists with questions about oxygen-free cables and why you can't use six fuzz pedals simultaneously. ;)
[/quote]

Duely noted, says the administrator of GuitarChat. You card has been marked sunny Jim! :) ummm.. Jack! Lol

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1344529668' post='1766093']
Big thanks to all the mods old and new. :)

If I step out of line I'm looking forward to a firm spanking from icastle... :P
[/quote]

There's not a lot I can say to that without taking myself round the back and giving myself a firm spanking... :lol:

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1344536088' post='1766207']
Hi Kiwi,

How does Basschat go about appointing new moderators? Do members put themselves forward, or do you approach members privately? Has there been a vote that I've missed?
[/quote]

The memories will haunt me forever...

You weren't there maaaan, you weren't there...