Why become a member? ×

Barefaced cabs?

thebrig

I
[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1345229165' post='1775382']
Anyone got the big baby?

Andy
[/quote]

I've been using a pair of big babies for the last eighteen months with fantastic results. Every type of venue from pubs and weddings to big clubs even without FOH support . On the odd occasion i need to adjust the Eq its only to roll off the low bass on hollow stages other than that its plug in and play . I use a wireless and the bass does sound the same every ware , high definition and very accurate until i make a mistake . :rolleyes:

Edited by k50

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1345803384' post='1781680']
I am having serious difficulties preventing myself from buying a Super12T.

I fear the next time I drink I will be unable to stop myself!
[/quote]
I can see no problem with this at all.

:D

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1345803384' post='1781680']
I am having serious difficulties preventing myself from buying a Super12T.

I fear the next time I drink I will be unable to stop myself!
[/quote]

Safest way is to stop drinking and save up your beer money toward buying one.

I'm completely sold on my Compact/Midget set up. I play in a 2 guitar/bass/drum band doing anything from melodic accoustic to heavy bluesy rock and the BF cabs cope easily. My amp is also considerably 'turned down' using the BF cabs from where it was for my previous Ashdown pairing of a 2x10T plus a 1x15.

Much easier to hear and a lot clearer and defined sound. Get one!

Just played a gig this weekend with a Super12T stacked with a Compact. The amp I was using was a Genz Benz Shuttle 12.2 ( 2 x 600W @ 4 ohm channels). The Super 12T will run at 600W on this amp and the Compact being an 8 onm cab will run at 395W on the second channel.

All I can say is OMG, what a sound, I had nothing but compliments all night. It really added such a thump to the band, I'd reccommend Barefaced any day. I had to wait quite a while for the Super 12T to be manufactured but it was certainly worth the wait. Very light gear, awsome sound, easy to transport, Alex knows his stuff. Anyone thinking of going with Barefaced .......... my advice is jump in there ...... you won't be disappointed.

I've had a Super 12 since around the end of last year and it is amazing! I just can't stop thinking about some mad set-ups as I have 2 amp heads...........

Super 12 x 2
Super 12 and Super 15 (Just because)
Super 12 and Midget x 2
Super 12 and Compact x 2
Super 12 and Midget and Compact

Pretty ridiculous as I'm not doing any gigs or in a band at the moment....................

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

I got my Compact/V today after just over 10 weeks waiting. Sweet. Now I just need an amp and a speaker cable (both on route, the amp definately, the cable might be a mix-up . . . )

I'm dying to try it. I love the grille cloth and the light weight. It's very strudy and sounds well dampened and braced when tapped. The coating feels nasty but looks good and no doubt the touch-up ability will come into it's own in time.

Guess what was waiting for me when I got home today?

I've only had a few mins to play around with it but it sounds great! There is one thing though,I can only get the cab working throught he bottom speakon socket. Can you plug the amp head into either speakon or is one an input and one an output?

Alex got back to me a few hours after me sending an email with some things to try to fix the issue. Thankfully I managed to sort it without sending the cab back back.

I used it (the compact) at a practice last night with a GK MB Fusion and it was great. Showing people that it's a 1 finger lift is a nice party trick!

Edited by Mr_Orange

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1347017313' post='1796016']
+1 -2 ?

I do hope this isn't going to turn into another thread about maths ...
[/quote]

The speakon socket has four points at the back: 1+, 1-, 2+ and 2-

A normal connection is "two pole" and should be wired to the 1+ and 1- points.

It seems that sometimes the cab makers are daydreaming and connect it to the wrong point.

The "four pole" connections are for things like bridged amps or bi-amping.

Edited by Roland Rock