Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB5000 Bass Guitar (a classic 5 string)

JonE

[size=4]£800[/size]

Black,5 String:, 24 fret, Passive
Guitar weight: 4.7k
Guitar and case weight: 10.5k

This is a great bass! Looks good and sounds brilliant! Considering the age of the bass (1980s I am not sure of the exact date) it is in lovely condition. I can’t find any scratches as such. However, there are some marks. I haven’t called them scratches because they are not deep, if you see what I mean. These have perhaps been caused by shirt buttons or rings or something like that. There are some small dents or blemishes about 3 or 4, but not chips. The machinehead keys are slightly tarnished and the bottom pickup is the worst tarnished. (I don’t know why this one has been affected and not the other pickups.) Generally speaking, these issues are due to age and not ware or damage as you can see from the photos. I bought it about 8 years ago and haven’t really played it as I prefer fretless basses and surely it is a waste to just have it sitting there when someone can enjoy playing it. Having said this it is great to play.

The case (original) is OK and has some damage, which means it has been doing its job. The inside is perfect though. The corners are a little tatty; the worst part is the handle where the leather has come off. Shouldn’t a case look a bit rock n roll?:)

It is the Bass we have all seen Nathan East playing. In fact I think he had a major influence on the design and development of it.

I think we all have to agree this is a stunning bass!

If anyone is interested I can send more detailed photos.

Hi Andy,

I am based in Poland, so it needs to be shipped unless you are in Germany or the Czech Republic, then I can deliver it. It is possible that I might pop back as well (but that depends on holiday time :mellow:) Where are you base?.

The board is ebony and the guitar string spacing is 16.5 at the bridge end.

Let me know if you want any specific photos.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

You know, this is a fantastic bass and I can't believe that no one has snapped it up[font=Wingdings][font=Wingdings] :mellow:[/font][/font].

After looking at other bass ads and checking prices for Yamaha BB5000’s I have decided to include shipping in the price (as I am not based in the UK) which should make it more attractive in these times of austerity.

With this in mind I am open to any reasonable offer.

Cheers

JonE

Hi pluckedout

The BB5000A seems really rare. I have only seen a couple for sale when I was checking prices and they were from some old posts in the States and they seemed to have been sold quickly. I think the string spacing would make a big difference.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

The bass is now sold. It has gone to a good home. I advertised it on a Polish Baschat lookalike called "Bassowka" beleive it or not. Had a lot of interest in fact. What a bass though. not sure I should have got rid of it now :mellow:

Thanks for all comments and support

Cheers

• 3 months later...