Why become a member? ×

Simms-Watts AP100 TS Head

deecue

Hey all,

I've recently been given a head and cab from a work colleague that they found in their garage. Turns out the head is a Simms-Watts AP100 TS head. It's a nifty little thing that can be used as a PA, Bass or Guitar head.

Does anyone know anything about these? I've not really had chance to use it but are they any good? Worth anything?

Cheers

Dan

Worth a few hundred quid depending on condition, I had some PA100's the AP's are more desirable due to the Bowie connection, but condition is key with these things. A revalve and full check over by a decent tech will run upto £200 (as with everything you can do this cheaper yourself but do you really want to?) and I wouldn't even turn the thing on if it's just come out of a shed after 30 years of none use.

Nice sound out of them, I use to use mine with a Ported Matamp 4x10 and it was loud enough for most bands, with a bit of grit going on.

It's a great thing to have around for sure, nice sound, well built

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1343299030' post='1748430']
Worth a few hundred quid depending on condition, I had some PA100's the AP's are more desirable due to the Bowie connection, but condition is key with these things. A revalve and full check over by a decent tech will run upto £200 (as with everything you can do this cheaper yourself but do you really want to?) and I wouldn't even turn the thing on if it's just come out of a shed after 30 years of none use.

Nice sound out of them, I use to use mine with a Ported Matamp 4x10 and it was loud enough for most bands, with a bit of grit going on.

It's a great thing to have around for sure, nice sound, well built
[/quote]

+1 on it needing a service, sell it to me ;D