Why become a member? ×

My turn to post a video of me playing :)

Linus27

After seeing all the videos of people playing along to other peoples songs on YouTube, I thought I would have a go also for a laugh. I was going to do a U2 song as I know them like the back of my hand. However, after seeing a YouTube video of somebody playing one of my old bands songs, simply by having a camcorder pointing at the 7" single playing on a record player (why??), I thought why not record the bass line to that :):)

So, here it is. The song is called Radio Finland and is by my old band Inter. Your notice a few bum notes and all my bad habits, including my very naughty thumb which keeps over hanging the neck. Anyway, I found it quite fun to do and may do some other stuff later. Enjoy, if thats possible :huh::);)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTuOXm4jkCU"]CLICKY HERE[/url]

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='186807' date='Apr 27 2008, 09:52 PM']i see ur on myspace 2[/quote]

Yes although thats nothing official. Just something that a friend put up for fun although it does have some stuff from the album on there I think. Not looked at it for ages.

[quote name='paul, the' post='186805' date='Apr 27 2008, 09:49 PM']Alternating notes like an acoustic guitarist (bass under melody). Reminds me of that bit in All Right Now.[/quote]

Ah I see. I thought you meant that I was playing with a pick. I do that style a lot. Its atually pretty hard as you think the important part is making sure the melody comes through but its more important that the bass bit is prominent enough to supoort the melody. Otherwise it all sounds a bit empty and less melodic.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='186955' date='Apr 28 2008, 06:25 AM']Nice one! Great bassline too, as has been said combines rhythm and melody well.

How's the Bass Collection?

Peter[/quote]

Thanks Peter. Bass Collection is going good. Rebecca, loves playing it and is coming along well. She still lacks lots of confidence but it will come in time. Bass wise, the Bass Collection is superb.