Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='Stinkfoot' post='827992' date='May 4 2010, 10:51 PM']Not to difficult but love the feel...Audioslave's " like a stone " Doing a cover of this in the band.[/quote]

Nice choice :)

Ermm....... Muse - Plug In Baby.

In the Midnight Hour. Very straight forward I know but I always find that when I have a crisis of confidence it helps to find something I can play, then it's back to normal service.

I've got the transcript to My Girl. It's only a 2 1/2 mins (or abouts). I was playing it from transcript the other night to help my reading, but got lost every time I had to turn the page :)

[quote name='StevieC' post='829260' date='May 6 2010, 07:10 AM']Planet Earth - Duran Duran (Played with a pick, though fingers is my normal style)

Cissy Strut - The Meters

Steve[/quote]

How weird...I literally just discovered the work of "the meters" on spotify randomly about 5 minutes ago in a rambling "related artists" chain of links. Great band and Cissy Strut is an amazing tune.......anyway..
Start of the chain was RHCP, listening to "pretty little ditty" by them cos thats what i have just learnt. (very pleased with myself, can't wait to show off at band practice) :)

[quote name='acidbass' post='186662' date='Apr 27 2008, 06:46 PM']In the last week of so I've learned/relearned -

'Too Young To Die' - Jamiroquai
'Sir Duke' - Stevie Wonder
'Rio' - Duran Duran

Lots of nice muted notes and frantic playing - great for a workout! I think I'll start most of my warmups with one or more of these tunes![/quote]

Ah that's good....can you send me the tab for Rio or do you just improvise?

Edited by skampino

[quote name='Marvin' post='828163' date='May 5 2010, 09:20 AM']In the Midnight Hour.[/quote]

+1
Love that song, but lately prefer the Echo & The Bunneymen version.
Only difference is it´s in C I think.

Been near the radio with bass in hand (within the last 5 days or so) and figured out:
Cherry Lips by Garbage,
Give Him A Ball by the Sultans of Ping
Genius Of Love by Tom Tom Club
Rebellion (Lies) by Arcade Fire
You´ve got the love, Florence and the Machine version,
The Time Is Now by Moloko,
Mind by Talking Heads,
Gay Bar by Electric Six

edited for spelling

I love figuring out a bassline by ear, then going to the tab or sheet and it´s spot on.
Great confidence booster that :)

Edited by basshead56

[quote name='Oscar South' post='831380' date='May 8 2010, 12:59 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arPwcboYs2s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arPwcboYs2s[/url]

This took me a bit of time :), nice arrangement though[/quote]

You're a nice looking bloke :rolleyes:

Perhaps Doddy should direct the young lady whose 'Idiotic comment' was that she couldn't sing with a bass player in her band because it was too low.

[quote name='Marvin' post='831440' date='May 8 2010, 02:02 PM']You're a nice looking bloke :)

Perhaps Doddy should direct the young lady whose 'Idiotic comment' was that she couldn't sing with a bass player in her band because it was too low.[/quote]

Haha, well of course that wasn't me :rolleyes:, I played it as a duet with a really good singer, was ace.

That comment is amazing, I was told of another on par with that from a singer in rehearsal with my friends band, he had his foot on the monitor for a guitar lead part and the singer said "can you take your foot off the monitor please? You're making me sound flat". Hahaha.

Edited by Oscar South

[quote name='Oscar South' post='831447' date='May 8 2010, 02:08 PM']Haha, well of course that wasn't me :lol:, I played it as a duet with a really good singer, was ace.

That comment is amazing, I was told of another on par with that from a singer in rehearsal with my friends band, he had his foot on the monitor for a guitar lead part and the singer said "can you take your foot off the monitor please? You're making me sound flat". Hahaha.[/quote]

I'm disappointed now :)

The monitor story is brilliant. :rolleyes: