Why become a member? ×

1963 Framus Star Bass 5/150 with Original Case £700 (Pics Added)

alanmian

Hi all,

I'm selling my vintage Framus Star Bass. There's not a lot of info on these but it's the same model (and color) that Bill Wyman used in the early days of the Stones. It's in very good condition for a bass that was made (i think) around 1963. It has a crack (about two inches long) near the F hole and one of the original plastic knobs is missing. It's fully functional but it would be worth having the elctronics looked at as its so old. However, it comes with the original strap and case. I'm only the second owner of this bass and have used it over the last few years with a very well known Stones tribute band.

It's a hard one to price as there's so little info on these but the only one i could find online was being sold for £1299 and that was not in as good condition as mine and not with original case etc. I'm selling mine for [b]£700[/b]

Thanks
Alan.

[attachment=127521:Framus Body.jpg] [attachment=127522:Framus Neck.jpg]

[attachment=127523:Framus F Hole Scratch.jpg] [attachment=127524:Framus Control Plate.jpg]

[attachment=127525:Framus Headstock.jpg] [attachment=127526:Framus Back.jpg]

[attachment=127527:Framus Headstock Back.jpg]

Edited by alanmian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Richeyrockshack' timestamp='1350738772' post='1842875']
I have one of these for sale, needs a full refurb...only £300 though...message me with your email for photos ;)
Richey
[/quote]

I think Alan is trying to sell HIS bass in this post <_<

• 3 months later...