Why become a member? ×

Stolen gear alert-North east

wriggers

Music equipment stolen from Blyth pub

Dated: 17 Jul 2012

Police are appealing for information after around £3,000 worth of music equipment was stolen from a Blyth pub.

Between 12:50am and 1:30am on Sunday, July 15, thieves broke into a marquee outside the Three Horse Shoes pub in Horton Road.

They stole a number of pieces of equipment including a Gallien Krueger Maker bass head, a JBL black SR series speaker, a 12 inch JBL monitor, a Marshall twin guitar speaker cabinet, a Fender twin guitar speaker, a gold Sonor drum kit and three symbol stands.

Enquiries are ongoing into the theft and anyone with information is asked to contact police.

PC Bryan Fletcher, who is investigating the theft, said: "The pub was holding a beer and music festival and had a marquee in place over the weekend for the event. From CCTV we know that three men got into the marquee by cutting their way in through one of the panels and have caused around £2,000 damage.

"We're looking into the possibility that they may have attended the event and enquiries are ongoing. If anyone has any information into the theft or the whereabouts of this distinctive equipment they should get in touch."

Anyone with information can contact police on 101 ext 69191 or by ringing the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1342565202' post='1737289']
Its always bad to hear when gear gets stolen but who in there right mind leaves gear in an unattended marquee?!
[/quote]

I live about a mile from this event (wasn't there on the day... honest!) and I'm fairly confident that what I know of the layout of the event it wouldn't have been an unattended marquee. The sickening thing is that this could 'potentially' be other musicians (though one would think it'd be some opportunistic scumbags) who have stolen this gear; I'd imagine if it is, they are going to find it hard to get gigs... and not only because of broken fingers!

Hope the gear is found and returned asap.