Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Relay G50 Info

LiamPodmore

Evening all,

I've been looking into the Line 6 Relay G50, and can't find any info on using multiple transmitters with a single reciever. This would be important for me as i'm getting into using multiple basses on stage and obviously changing straps everytime i change basses is a bit of an unnecessary ballache. Anyone know if the G50 can be used with multiple (Probably 3) transmitters, i know the G90 can, but there's no info on the G50.

As another extra little detail, if the G50 can't, does anyone know whether the Stageclix pack system can do this?

Thanks in Advance,

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

I use the G30 and use multiple transmitters. As long as only the bass you're using has its transmitter switched on there is no problem as its one transmitter to one receiver. If you forget to switch the transmitter off when you change basses then you'll get nothing which is a bit confusing for a few seconds. The same with all wireless systems on the same frequency IME.

Might be a daft question but why not have the transmitter attached to your belt/in your pocket/whatever using your choice from any of the things discussed below. Then all you need to do is unplug the bass and plug in the new one.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180995-line-6-transmitter-strap-holder/page__p__1732789__hl__line%206%20transmitter%20holder__fromsearch__1#entry1732789"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180995-line-6-transmitter-strap-holder/page__p__1732789__hl__line%206%20transmitter%20holder__fromsearch__1#entry1732789[/url],

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1342429983' post='1734574']
I use the G30 and use multiple transmitters. As long as only the bass you're using has its transmitter switched on there is no problem as its one transmitter to one receiver. If you forget to switch the transmitter off when you change basses then you'll get nothing which is a bit confusing for a few seconds. The same with all wireless systems on the same frequency IME.
[/quote]
Ahh, i was hoping to leave them on, as it's a farce turning recievers on and off at the speed i change basses, but if i can't, i can't.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1342431622' post='1734611']
Might be a daft question but why not have the transmitter attached to your belt/in your pocket/whatever using your choice from any of the things discussed below. Then all you need to do is unplug the bass and plug in the new one.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180995-line-6-transmitter-strap-holder/page__p__1732789__hl__line%206%20transmitter%20holder__fromsearch__1#entry1732789"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1732789[/url],
[/quote]

I would find that pretty limiting, i'm a fan of throwing my basses around quite a bit as i'm rather energetic on stage, and obviously only having a few feet of movement will hinder that somewhat.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Liam

I can't keep my receiver in my pocket either, prefer to keep it on the strap. How about setting each receiver to it's own individual channel and when you switch basses, switch channels accordingly on the transmitter?

Hope you can work it out!

Cheers

[quote name='Mace' timestamp='1342438493' post='1734802']
I can't keep my receiver in my pocket either, prefer to keep it on the strap. How about setting each receiver to it's own individual channel and when you switch basses, switch channels accordingly on the transmitter?

Hope you can work it out!

Cheers
[/quote]

It just doesn't feel right, and it's possible but still a lot of effort. I just need a wireless board with 3 G50's and an A/B/C switch on, that would make life so much easier, but so much more expensive too. All this would've been much simpler if Line 6 had an email address you could send queries too...

Liam

Hi Liam,
I am the product manager for wireless systems at Line 6. FYI the support forums on our website are staffed and we try to respond the same day as you post a question.

Now to answer you here, The G50 like all receivers will only receive from one transmitter at a time. But the channel selection on a G50 receiver is done via a simple rotary switch on top of the receiver. If you placed the receiver within arm's reach or on top of your amp, you could easily switch in a second or so between the basses as you switched without having to power up and down the transmitters.

Best of Luck,
Steve Devino

Line 6 Product Manager Wireless andLive Sound.

Thanks Steve, i knew about this already, i was mainly wondering if it had the same auto channel switching features as it's bigger cousin the G90. I'm thinking the best (And easiest) method is going to be just to turn on and off transmitters when changing basses.

Thanks for all the answers guys, i've got what i wanted to know.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore