Why become a member? ×

ESP LTD F-404FM - SOLD

TJ Spicer

[size=5][b][u]ESP LTD F-404FM - £375 ONO[/u][/b][/size]

A very distinctive looking bass! Built in Korea, this bass features 2 EMG humbucking pickups and active preamp. It is also neck through in design and adorned with a beautiful flamed maple body. In good condition, it has light surface scratches across the back (the ones you can only see in certain light, the very light that wasn't about when I took the pictures!) and a pair of dents on the bottom edge, however, none of these are discernible whilst playing. The transparent plastic from the factory is still present upon the battery cover and cover for the electronics.

[size=4]I'm willing to ship and it comes with a hardcase.[/size]

[size=4]Located just outside Reading in Maidenhead

Thanks for looking![/size]

[size=4]I'll let the pictures speak for themselves![/size]

Edited by TJ Spicer

BEAUTIFUL! I love the Forest series! Not enough respect for LTD's on here, built way better than Ibanez IMO and the necks actually feel natural too instead of being flat as a pancake.
If it grew another string by some miracle, I'd be highly tempted...Oh wow that fingerboard motif is sensational!

It was definitely the inlay on the board that caught my eye first! Yeah it's a really well built instrument and the whole thing resonates beautifully. Shame I can't persuade it to grow another string! Hmm... Now where do I find a Slayer tribute (Good idea! I couldn't think which metal band it was that used it!)

Yeah, it looked similar - Can't say I'm a fan, he uses an ESP standard series though and it's 5 string right? Yeah, it's definitely WAY more versatile than doing that, but if it fit's that bill I'm not going to complain! I don't play metal so it don't be perturbed by it's looks...

[quote name='TJ Spicer' timestamp='1342481661' post='1736079']
Yeah, it looked similar - Can't say I'm a fan, he uses an ESP standard series though and it's 5 string right? Yeah, it's definitely WAY more versatile than doing that, but if it fit's that bill I'm not going to complain! I don't play metal so it don't be perturbed by it's looks...
[/quote]

Nope, 4-string. Thrash metal bassists rarely move from 4-string, the tuning isn't so heavy to warrant it. Not such a fan of Thrash myself, but I'd still have his bass if I could.

But indeed, people shouldn't be put off by looks. Actually, this model, which is the "Forest" series, isn't supposed to be spikey. It's design is based on Vines etc, hence the horn sculpts.
Fantastic sounding basses though. The resonance on these is rarely seen at such a price.

Love these basses, I've got one of the 5string models. The inlay is what first caught my eye as well, never got the chance to play it before buying, but I'm so glad I did! I was into metal at the time, not anymore so sadly it doesn't get played live, although I still love the bass for it's sound! It does a fantastic bassy overdrive, great for hard/stoner rock music, but it can also sound very...well, musical! I put rotosound flats on mine, very interesting sound, still sounds great after 3 years of them being on there!

If anyone's not sure about this bass just because of the look, believe me when I say they're far from one-trick ponies! For this price, you'll get a bargain you won't regret.

[quote name='symbolic' timestamp='1342802096' post='1741281']
Sent you a PM regarding this, exactly the bass that I've been looking for over the last few weeks, perfect for the death metal that I play!
[/quote]

Oh dude, it'll be more than perfect for Death Metal. Yes indeed!
(Not at all adding to the stigma that's all that these are used for). :-P

[quote name='Kongo' timestamp='1342829108' post='1741774']

Oh dude, it'll be more than perfect for Death Metal. Yes indeed!
(Not at all adding to the stigma that's all that these are used for). :-P
[/quote]

I love the sound of them, recorded my last album on the 5 string variant and boy did it sound good DI'd! Also gotta love the fact that it's got a 35 inch neck, think they were originally shipped from ESP with 130 gauge bottom strings and B E A D tuning, so more than perfect for drop C without being too slack.