Why become a member? ×

SOLD (pending usual) Fender '75 RI Jazz CIJ Non-export (sleeper)

baronfloyd

I'm afraid this needs to go to make some room, I got GAS. It's sleeper because all is not as it seems. It looks like a standard '75 natural re-issue (with the usual bumps for a 10year old working bass) BUT it's loaded with a pair of Nordstrand NJ4SE pickups. The bridge is a Baddass II. Inside it is still passive BUT the tone capacitors are Orange Drops and the wiring is all solid silver (yes I did type that correctly - solid silver, see I just typed it again).
This bass sounds good acoustically but is really sweet once plugged in. The range of tones are all there. It's a nice bass from around '93-'94 according to the serial number. I have the original pickups (remember this is a non-export so the pickups are USA ones) and they are included becuase I am too lazy (or don't really have the time) to swap them back and flog the Nordys seperately (besides the bass sounds nice with them in). I'll even throw in a comfort strapp to show you just how lazy I am!
For the package deal I'm hoping to clear £650 so add P+P / courier and Paypal charges to that - but let's talk.

Did I say - this is one of the non-export crafted in Japan reissue Fenders ;)

Wow! GAS is a cruel mistress.

Edited by baronfloyd

[quote name='baronfloyd' timestamp='1342357921' post='1733647']
I have the original pickups (remember this is a non-export so the pickups are USA ones)
[/quote]
not necessarily, depends on which 70'sRI non-export model it is.

Nice bass though, I love the sound of the nordie pickups.

Oh yeah baby - according to the part numbers on the pick ups they are the USA ones. I knew that it depended upon which non-export it was and was quite happy when I discovered the USA ones were fitted and then even more impressed when the Nordys were in place.
Now to find that bridge ..... :ph34r:

[quote name='baronfloyd' timestamp='1342430680' post='1734590']
Oh yeah baby - according to the part numbers on the pick ups they are the USA ones. I knew that it depended upon which non-export it was and was quite happy when I discovered the USA ones were fitted and then even more impressed when the Nordys were in place.
Now to find that bridge ..... :ph34r:
[/quote]

you know you are in a rare bunch of people who actually bother to look and find out what range their bass is in! kudos to you :) the amount of people who have this "it's japanese so therefore american pickups" drives me mad.
As I just said in another post I would be getting a train to manchester if I had the money. But I don't and your GAS is cured.

[quote name='baronfloyd' timestamp='1342431688' post='1734612']
Double drat dude. I am going to be in Edinburgh in a couple of weeks too. I could have delivered it personally into your loving arms. Thanks for the positive comments.
[/quote]
I won't! I'll have moved to yorkshire by then! :D

Mmm I am sure there was another comment about Edinburgh here a moment ago! Anyway - Yorkshire is closer ;) and I could go that way to Edinburgh ;) ;) (given my direction finding abilities Bristol is near to Edinburgh!)
Quick word of advice when you move ...... don't put a bass bridge in a box ..... now where is it?

[quote name='baronfloyd' timestamp='1342436786' post='1734745']
Mmm I am sure there was another comment about Edinburgh here a moment ago! Anyway - Yorkshire is closer ;) and I could go that way to Edinburgh ;) ;) (given my direction finding abilities Bristol is near to Edinburgh!)
Quick word of advice when you move ...... don't put a bass bridge in a box ..... now where is it?
[/quote]

ah sorted, it's a great plan! that's one problem sorted then!
Next problem my lack of funds :P