Why become a member? ×

new aguilar pre amp?

TGEvans

[quote name='TGEvans' post='20292' date='Jun 19 2007, 05:08 PM']It aint on their web site yet. Not being released until september/october. So if it is just essentially the second channel of the 500 wat head I could use it in conjunction with my db680?[/quote]

Yep, thats the idea. I have a DB680 + DB728, I bought an Ag500 a few months ago and the dity channel is excellent. I think there is a video on youtube with Dave B. at NAMM showing it off.

Lee

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='19533' date='Jun 18 2007, 01:19 PM']It's called the Agro it's essentially the second channel in the AG500 head.

It's not a preamp per sey but a rackmount distortion or second channel for your current setup.[/quote]
Well, I think you can use it fine as a preamp, as long as you like the obviously dirtier sound (and I'm not sure, maybe you could even turn distortion down completely?).

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Dragonlord' post='21485' date='Jun 21 2007, 05:31 PM']Well, I think you can use it fine as a preamp, as long as you like the obviously dirtier sound (and I'm not sure, maybe you could even turn distortion down completely?).[/quote]

Sorry to revive old threads, but anyone else really really looking forward to it?! The two guitarists in my band are off to LA in sept so ill see if they can get me one.

I want this in the effects loop of my DB750, should be killer!