Why become a member? ×

Bass player needed Reading/Basingstoke area for covers band

MartyBRebelMC

Hi all

I am looking for a new bass player to replace me in my current 4 piece covers band.

I’m leaving the band in September as I’m moving from Hampshire to Cheshire and as such  I thought I’d start looking now so someone has plenty of time to get up to speed with them before I leave.

They’re a great bunch of guys and I’m gutted to be leaving especially as we’re now getting a great set list together and excellent feedback from our gigs. We have 2 guitarists, drums and bass, they are all (excluding me of course) excellent musicians with eons of experience, they have their own PA and we often use a sound-man at gigs.

One of the guitarists is in Basingstoke, one in Camberley and the drummer in Newbury. Rehearsals are usually at SwerveJam in Basingstoke and gigs are anywhere reasonably local to all. We tend to be gigging once or twice a month so not too arduous a schedule. For what it’s worth the age range of the band is 30’s to 50’s but hopefully age shouldn't be important.

Below you’ll find a partial set list to give you an idea of the breadth of material we cover, our approach is to provide a wide ranging variety of songs that will hopefully appeal to the majority of punters and so far the feedback suggests we’re getting it reasonably right. Most of the gigs recently have been pubs but we’re hoping to do more private functions and historically the band has done weddings etc.

So.. looking for a competent, tight, fast learning bass player with own gear, transport etc. Backing vocals would be a bonus but lack of is not a deal breaker as I don't currently do BV’s. As a point of interest we do change the keys on some songs and I do use a 5 string to cope with this so may suit 5 string players more than 4, but again shouldn't be an insurmountable problem if you only play 4’s.

In the first instance please get in touch with me through here and then we can arrange auditions in the near future.

Cheers

Martin

In The Morning
Hard To Handle                                      
Town Called Malice
Little Green Bag/ Dreaming Of You
Your All I Have
Gangsters 
I Wish 
Rock This Town
Is This Love
I Predict A Riot
Monkey Man
Valerie
Venus
Hard Day’s Night
Sex On Fire                                           
Are You Gonna Be My Girlt
Can’t Buy Me Love
Master Blaster
Eton Rifles
When You Were Young
Folsome/ Mama
Whiskey In The Jar
Brown Eyed Girl
Mr Brightside
I Hate To Say I Told You So
I’m A Believer
Bet You Look Good
Naïve
Use Somebody
Pass It On
Vertigo
Rocks
Dakota

Hi all,
Just a brief post to endorse what Martin's said before as he replaced me in the band when I left a couple of years ago. They're a great bunch of lads and really good musicians to boot :).

This is a really good band to join, trust me.

Edited by louisthebass

• 3 weeks later...